Real newbie, got a rather unique watering question...

one8updude

Strain - Blueberry auto fem
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - hydro
Grow Stage - Flowering
Lights - 600w hps (now)
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Rockwool
PPM - unk
PH - 6.1
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -78 to 82
Solution Temperature -65 to 69
Room Square Footage - 10' x 10'
Pests - None Known

I have three young ladies, autoflowering, that I raised thru veg stage under 4 100 w flourescents. After they had started to bloom for a couple of weeks, I was able to move them and put them under my new 600 w hps (kids going to college not so bad) What a difference!!

They took the move hard (some roots got torn)and I was afraid I was going to lose them, but they recovered nicely. I ran them with 24 hr light till I moved them and after, until they started having branches wilting. I then cut back on watering, nutes, and cut the light back to 18 hrs a day. I don't know what saved them or if they just recovered from the shock on their own, but they are flourishing now.

I think I was watering too much (new ebb and flow system) I was watering 3 times a day for half an hour at a time. I cut them back to fifteen minutes at a time two times a day. Now I am slowly increasing the lights with a goal to get back to 24 hrs a day. (They are ripening quickly and I need the growth, the floros did not make very good buds)

Now for the question: As I increase the hours of light back to 24,(I'm up to twenty-one) should I stick with watering only two times a day? I was thinking of going to 3 times a day, I have limited time to finish them and want as much yield as I can get before my trikes turn brown, and I think I might be leaving some growth "on the table" by not watering them three times, I know in general it is best to water twice a day during flowering with my system, but that is assuming the lights are only on for 12 hours. I am wondering if three might be better. Thanks.

Couple of things. While Autoflowering doesn't need dark periods to flower, it's been said that they do best with 16 or 18 h light. I always thought that an ebb and flow system was constantly ebbing and flowing. Ie: every 30 minutes for a couple minutes. I would link you to it but my browser is being not so nice.

www.420magazine.com/forums/how-grow-marijuana/81264-how-grow-marijuana-everything-you-need-know.html

In there there is a section called hydro with a huge explanation of ebb and flow systems. Hope it helps!

Off the cuff... Invest in an ec / ppm meter. No knowdlege in autos , sorry.

Welcome to the site
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom