Really good bud, spoiled with excess leaves - any reason why?

Blackjack, in soil, under led, went to 9 wks, seemingly good bud but very leafy. Haven't had the problems on previous grows with other varieties. Any advice plse..
Most likely just a pheno of that strain
Using blue LED and lots of N can make a plant more bushy - doesn't sound like it's a problem though

Blackjack, in soil, under led, went to 9 wks, seemingly good bud but very leafy. Haven't had the problems on previous grows with other varieties.
Reads like this Blackjack is a new strain for you so it is normal that it will grow and look different than the other varieties.

Can you post a photo?
Beat me to it.

Yes, post a decently in focus photo taken in natural or white light. Because of what you are saying about it looking like the flowering buds being leafy and not good looking how about a photo of the whole plant and one of the main or largest flowering stem.

Are you referring to the single blade leaves that grow out of the bud itself? I've easily done 50 runs of jack under all different lights, mediums and conditions. Fast growing makes it a good experimental strain. The pictures are an average Jack Herer bud after trimming off the larger, unfrosted leaves and defoliation right before chopping. Two to three inch long single leaves sticking out of every bud is normal for the strain so not surprised a hybrid would carry that characteristic. Buds look fluffy and leafy "larf" but the medicinal quality is excellent.

herer bud jpg.jpg

220322jackbuzzed.jpg

They say 2000
As in 2000 watts right on the 'spec sheet' glued to the light? Or as in the model number?

But figuring that it is 2000 watts on the 'spec sheet' then most commercial LED light manufacturers will build the light with the potential to hit that 2000 watts. But they will then reduce the power to the light emitting diodes to reduce the chance that the diodes burn out well before the warranty is up. The light ends up putting out 1000 watts but lasts years longer than the warranty before it starts to show dead diodes.

At least that is what was mentioned in many messages about the actual draw in wattage as compared to the potential in what the light can actually do.

Blackjack, in soil, under led, went to 9 wks, seemingly good bud but very leafy. Haven't had the problems on previous grows with other varieties. Any advice plse..
Interesting how it changes with different strains… ???
this Haze and Kush I Grew have the ugliest bag appeal , low Terpenes smell, but is the strongest weed I have ever grown out of 20 crops…???
(13 different strains)
Pic of Outdoor Haze and Kush, first time Grow for each photo strain,(over 20 auto grows)
both very green & many sugar leaves, dank hash like buds if compressed(& very potent), unlike the White Widow growing along side-
that has good hard buds candy/vanilla/gas odor(potent on time delay). great frosty bag appeal…pic
Outdoor Missouri grow, 3 Gal pots garden soil mix(CK shit, Beastie Bloomz, bat guano, honey, & 10% hydrogen peroxide once a week…)

IMG_8207.png
IMG_8206.png
IMG_8208.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom