Resin production, Day 46 of flower

2tigers69

Hi 420, I've got a question for you all. I've got a few different strains in their 46th day of flower. The GDP, the Tangerine Dream and OG Kush are all seemingly doing well under 2x1000w HPS. The GDP and the TD are both beginning to get nice and frosty, the KUSH is getting big, fat, dense buds, but it doesn't really seem to be frosting up like the others. They are all getting colorful, aromatic as hell and for the most part they just seem to be maturing normally. I'm hoping someone that has grown this strain or one like it can tell me how the rest of this flowering period might be progressing, will they ever frost up? Am I waiting for something to happen that just won't with this particular strain? Thanks in advance for any and all help and advise :tokin:

Hi 420, I've got a question for you all. I've got a few different strains in their 46th day of flower. The GDP, the Tangerine Dream and OG Kush are all seemingly doing well under 2x1000w HPS. The GDP and the TD are both beginning to get nice and frosty, the KUSH is getting big, fat, dense buds, but it doesn't really seem to be frosting up like the others. They are all getting colorful, aromatic as hell and for the most part they just seem to be maturing normally. I'm hoping someone that has grown this strain or one like it can tell me how the rest of this flowering period might be progressing, will they ever frost up? Am I waiting for something to happen that just won't with this particular strain? Thanks in advance for any and all help and advise :tokin:

I'm currently doing my second grow with OG kush and it was frosty as hell by day 46.
I was feeding GH 3 part nutes with Liquid Koolbloom, and Floralicious plus. On a feed/feed/water schedule. And gave them 15ml per gallon of Molasses on water only days. I also put them to sleep for 48 hours before I cut em. First time doing this, but it seemed to really work. Read that by doing this they think the extended darkness means they're going to die then they put every last bit of energy into the buds. When I walked in after the 2 days in the dark they were sparkling!!
tried to upload a photo but it wouldn't let me. Check out my completed journal.

Here are a few photos at around 46 days..
week_5_bud_6web.jpg
week_5_bud_trichs_crop_1web.jpg

2Tigers69:

Your plants are beautiful! Is the bottom photo of the plant you are worried about? Is this your first grow using this strain?

I am in the midst of a multi-strain grow too, and have just a few comments:

1. Different strains always differ in their maturity rates and will show their sugary delight at varying ages, even within the same strain.

2. The root structure should also be compared between plants; sometimes the way a plant starts out determines how it finishes, and that can make a difference in when it gets sticky-icky.

3. Trimming a plant, whether it be fan leaves, branches for clones or even the roots (to slow down a quickly-stretching plant) will also affect the rate at which a plant develops.

When a plant is trimmed, it can easily delay the date of maturity by a week - each time it is trimmed that much. A little trimming is fine; however, when you trim anywhere from 20% to 35% of the entire plant's leaves, branches or roots, it has always had an impact like this (with the amount triggering the delay varying between strains, phenotypes and ambient conditions).

I hope this helps. Basically, I am saying not to worry, this is normal and just plan on having a later harvest with this one.

Did I mention that I think your plants look great?
:bravo:

hey hello ...i am out here lol...i am also growing an OG Kush but mine is outdoors in soil in 65 ltr pots...a question...did yours smell really funky??? not skunky but sour? i am thinking i got root rot but someome said they often smell bad... really sour not good...o man and they are so pretty too...help ! i wish mine looked as great as yours...outdoors in amsterdam was really not enough sunshine.

hey hello ...i am out here lol...i am also growing an OG Kush but mine is outdoors in soil in 65 ltr pots...a question...did yours smell really funky??? not skunky but sour? i am thinking i got root rot but someome said they often smell bad... really sour not good...o man and they are so pretty too...help ! i wish mine looked as great as yours...outdoors in amsterdam was really not enough sunshine.

Never smelt a sour odor. Just a super dank skunk.
Maybe a cat peed on your plant, and as a result it smelled funky??

no cats anywhere...lol i cut it , i had 5 branches that were over 6ft long , they were crazy ..since we have had so much rain and humidity the pots could never dry out enough even if i didn't water for a week...they were most likely root bound as well ..small white root tips were growing up out of the soil everywhere... i think i still have some nice harvest ..the flowers don't seem to be too affected...as soon as i took the pot out ...the smell dissipated...by morning i'll know if i was right..thanks for the reply

no cats anywhere...lol i cut it , i had 5 branches that were over 6ft long , they were crazy ..since we have had so much rain and humidity the pots could never dry out enough even if i didn't water for a week...they were most likely root bound as well ..small white root tips were growing up out of the soil everywhere... i think i still have some nice harvest ..the flowers don't seem to be too affected...as soon as i took the pot out ...the smell dissipated...by morning i'll know if i was right..thanks for the reply

Wow! 6 foot branches!!!??
Make sure you post up a few photos here.
I wanna see this plant!

Well I'm done, I wasn't getting any notifications that people were responding to this thread so I didn't look much. Sorry about the delay in getting back. The Kush finished, or I cut it, at day 70...the smoke came out nice, dank, but to be honest this will be my last OG grow. Too many really nice strains to grow out there. I've currently got 2 blue widow and 4 ice bomb girls in their 42 day of flower...The blue widow just may end up being "my" strain... The scent is INCREDIBLY blueberry, crystalline huge spear shaped buds. As I get a little close and slow down some, I'll post another thread on the BW, Ice Bomb grow...

Sorry to hear you weren't happy with how your OG came out.
You might have a different strain than mine. There are so many OG kush's out there, I guess I'm lucky with the one I have.
So I'm gunna keep on growin it!
Make sure to throw up a journal of your BW Ice bomb grow. Interested to see how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom