Results are in Prop 19

I look at this as a stepping stone for things to come. Just an 8% difference, about 500,000 votes determined this outcome. This is huge. Almost half of voters wanted this. This is just the beginning. Marijuana will lose more and more of the stigma that has been attached to it for so long. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all people all the time.

I look at this as a stepping stone for things to come. Just an 8% difference, about 500,000 votes determined this outcome. This is huge. Almost half of voters wanted this. This is just the beginning. Marijuana will lose more and more of the stigma that has been attached to it for so long. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all people all the time.

I am sad that this didn't pass, but still the lawmakers and others have been exposed to democracy in action. Some people that never cared about politics got involved and the numbers that supported this proposition (around the world) is something that every single lawmaker has to take notice of. This is NOT a failure and we will see change soon. Any smart lawmakers will find a way to word legislation that will pass and that is the ticket to their own success. I can smell change in the air. One day soon I will be able to grow a 20 foot plant in my back yard and not have to worry about legal consequences for doing it.

The thing that really upsets me is the media is trying to make this look like a gigantic defeat for the repeal of prohibition on marijuana. They want the sheep to so desperately feel like they have won. I keep seeing the word "rejected" on every news article regarding Prop 19, and that is BS. I don't know what happened to objective journalism.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. More and more people are becoming aware of the fact that alcohol is 1,000 times more damaging than marijuana could ever be!

Or it might be that the turn out was bad for the pro-legalization crowd. It must have been hard to put down those Dorito bags and dip. Like I said, I don't see prop 19 superseding 215 anytime soon, and that is what California's voters are saying. I'm sure that the medical bureaucrats and politicians are quite satisfied with the results, too.

Please explain to me the point of that remark.

You are just further exemplifying the stigma that everyone who smokes marijuana is a stoner.

This site is dedicated to the repeal of the prohibition on marijuana. Your remarks do not seem to show that you are a supporter of this goal.

The fact is, not everyone supports legalization. My ex wife and I got into an argument last night about it. Our son has had some stumbling blocks getting started in life because of the laws against MJ. My point is that if it were legal he would be getting a better start in life and her point is that he would have more motivation if he didn't smoke.

The fact is, not everyone supports legalization. My ex wife and I got into an argument last night about it. Our son has had some stumbling blocks getting started in life because of the laws against MJ. My point is that if it were legal he would be getting a better start in life and her point is that he would have more motivation if he didn't smoke.

I completely understand being for or against repealing prohibition. Everyone is entitled to their opinion regarding the matter. What I don't understand is a member of this site basically saying Prop 19 didn't get through because all the lazy stoners were too busy eating Dorito's and dip.

Why be a member of a site where you have obvious stereotypes about the majority of the people using it?

That's the way I see it. The conservative and closed-minded are being gradually replaced by forward thinking and progressive voters.
The day will come when we are as comfortable with our after-work joint as they are with their martinis, scotch, beer...etc.

...The conservative and closed-minded are being gradually replaced by forward thinking and progressive voters....

According to the election results across the country, the U.S. is making a shift to the conservative right, which usually indicates that progressive thinking has been replaced by closed minds and intolerant social attitudes.

closed minds and intolerant social attitudes.
Ironically if they smoked a little pot now and then it could cure them of all that...

FWIW my eyes have a really hard time reading that blue colored text. (especially as a wall 'o text)

The kinds of changes needed will never come from the ballot, regardless of who votes or how they vote.

It will take a social restructuring on the magnitude of the Russian Revolution to effect any meaningful change.

What you forget Deanne, is the American or even Human preoccupation, of telling everyone else how to live. We are constantly bombarded in the media by a bunch of kindergarten teachers telling us how to live our lives. They are compelled to save us from ourselves. Much like the missionaries saving the natives.

Back
Top Bottom