Ripe but not yet flushed

Rendrick

Hoping someone can shed a little light on my question:hookah:
I purhased a 60x scope for watching my trichs this time around and they are ready to go all milky some slight amber coming in but im only 1/4 through my 2week soil flush am i going to be to late if i take it the whole way or should i try a product like flush x to speed things up:blunt:. Any help would much apreciated.

:bigtoke:Rendrick

I think we've all run into this same situation. If it's a sativa strain (I'm guessing it is), I'd say stay on your planned schedule, since this strain, imho, matures slower than Indica strains. An Indica might be a bit more dicey.

I have no knowledge of the flushing agent, only the advise of an old man.

Altering an ongoing, predetermined plan usually ends in disaster.

Personally, I would finish the flush as planned. I don't like to add anything other than blackstrap molasses at this stage. Even if it is claiming to be a flushing agent, I'm sure there is something in there I would rather not smoke. I would rather have buds that are a little bit past 50% amber than one that was harvested on time, but now has a different taste or smoke.

Hope this helps!

the only thing i ad during flush is fresh squeezed fruit juice
unlike molasses, the sugars in fresh fruit are more easily broke down than that of molasses therefore the plant is able to uptake more in a shorter amount of time
4 squeezed oranges per gallon of water

this was a method used by a long time member of this website who has sinced changed his sn and is now an administrator on this site

you can read the whole thread here:

The reason why fruit sugar (fructose) is beneficial in flowering

the only thing i ad during flush is fresh squeezed fruit juice
unlike molasses, the sugars in fresh fruit are more easily broke down than that of molasses therefore the plant is able to uptake more in a shorter amount of time
4 squeezed oranges per gallon of water

this was a method used by a long time member of this website who has sinced changed his sn and is now an administrator on this site

you can read the whole thread here:

The reason why fruit sugar (fructose) is beneficial in flowering

This could be used in combination with molasses and would probably yield better results. The molasses is not only used for the sugars it contains, but it helps to promote healthy soil by feeding the good bacteria that live there. From what I have read, these good bacteria help refine nutrients to make them easier for the roots to uptake.

very interesting smokey,

i have been absent from the grow scene/ community for a couple years i have been a long time member of the site, im just getting caught up with all these newer ways of doing things....molasses is totally new in my book havent tried it yet but def will on the next grow

I've used molasses on my last two grows, not as some use it to bulk up buds, but for the benefit of the root development as stated by Smokey. Therefore, I only use two teaspoons per gal during flowering, as opposed to two tablespoons per gal. On my final two flushes, just straight h2o, 3X the pot volume....5gal pot= 15 gals.

at 4 weeks and 2 days of flowering i added for the first time molasses to my typical mix of GH 3part and Superthrive as mentioned on this site. I've noticed my rockwool blocks surfaces were kind of sealed over from the "sugarwater"and I had to scrape the surface to keep the water from running off the sides of the cube. It also sugar coated my ph and tds meters and i like to never got the covers off of them,lol. one tsp per gal mix. And the crud that's created in my res is yucky whereas without molasses my res stays a beautiful clear amber color. I will continue the treatment for the rest of this grow (2/3 more weeks) and hope the results are noticeable. just my $.02

hydro, when using molasses with hydro im pretty sure you are only supposed to use 1 tsp/ gallon or maybe even half tsp...your problem is typical when using it with hydro, just lower the dose by 1/2....

anyways as i stated above the fresh fruit juice is much easier broke down and used quicker than molasses...but could also be used in conjuction with the molasses but may want to use 1 tsp per gallon(molasses) in soil instead of 2 tsp...and also half the recommended dose of fresh fruit juice just when trying it out,...i cant say from experience because i have never used the 2 with each other

When using hydro I have heard people have had good results flushing at week 5 of flowering and just using only water no nutes at all past week 5. Think about it. If you do not cut off your leaves which you should not be doing because the plant get's a ton of nutes from the leaves and the plant has been vegged properly you really should not have to do anything and let the plant get a chance to use some of the stored up energy in the leaves. It is much easier for the plant to use the broken down energy it has already and when it is done the leaf will fall off and it will grow a new one. Marijuana that has been flushed for 21 days or longer will taste superb. I am going to use this method along with changing the lighting from 12-12 to 14-10 around week 7. I hope to get some killer Purple Urkle and get the full Purple effect strictly from genetics.

at 4 weeks and 2 days of flowering i added for the first time molasses to my typical mix of GH 3part and Superthrive as mentioned on this site. I've noticed my rockwool blocks surfaces were kind of sealed over from the "sugarwater"and I had to scrape the surface to keep the water from running off the sides of the cube. It also sugar coated my ph and tds meters and i like to never got the covers off of them,lol. one tsp per gal mix. And the crud that's created in my res is yucky whereas without molasses my res stays a beautiful clear amber color. I will continue the treatment for the rest of this grow (2/3 more weeks) and hope the results are noticeable. just my $.02

Molasses is not advised in hydro, but I guess you noticed.:hmmmm:

There are sugars just made for hydro and work well without gunking up everything.:reading420magazine:

DD

Thanks for the input DroopyDog and UpInSmokE
Being committed to this grow I have one more res change with molasses , then i'm movin' on, probably to an equiv synthetic...However UpInSmoke suggests fruit juice so in a couple months I will revisit this issue and in the meantime check on a few alternatives, like the fruit juice.

the fruit juice would better suit your hydro needs, as it is more easily used and broke down than molasses....i suggest you check out that link in post #4 for further details

I opted to skip the molasses altogether this res change and stick with my GH 3 part and Superthrive as before

also i did go back and read post #4, thanks

here's a look at my 38 day in flower buds
38_day_bud.jpg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/nov10sog.jpg

Back
Top Bottom