Risky Business

yanni420

ok so I did something ballsy,that I'm regretting,decided to put them in there final pots early,and now the lady's are in critical condition,they got heat stress bad,thought they could handle the direct sun,and they started folding up,and on top of that I've been watering them like a feen,I have impulse problems I know,so I moved them in the shade,so far so good I guess,will be sure in a couple days,please pray for my girls

IMG_20220625_185810.jpg

ok so I did something ballsy,that I'm regretting,decided to put them in there final pots early,and now the lady's are in critical condition,they got heat stress bad,thought they could handle the direct sun,and they started folding up,and on top of that I've been watering them like a feen,I have impulse problems I know,so I moved them in the shade,so far so good I guess,will be sure in a couple days,please pray for my girls

IMG_20220625_185810.jpg
yanni, what kind of heat are you guys experiencing? My weather has been in high 90's and low 100's the past couple weeks.

From viewing your pics, it looks like they are not being overwatered. I can see the wet circle being made in the soil keeping water away from the stem and aiming to make the roots reach out.

They look very young, how long since they broke through the soil?.

What kind of soil are you using?, If the soil has any nutes in it, this may put the babies into shock of sorts.

Good idea about putting them in the shade, I keep mine under a tree limb so the direct sun is spotty.

I have no thoughts about the pots being too big for them, just don't be too much of a "water feen".
Only give when they ask, don't force water or food down their preverbal throats, they will ask when it is time.

yanni, what kind of heat are you guys experiencing? My weather has been in high 90's and low 100's the past couple weeks.

From viewing your pics, it looks like they are not being overwatered. I can see the wet circle being made in the soil keeping water away from the stem and aiming to make the roots reach out.

They look very young, how long since they broke through the soil?.

What kind of soil are you using?, If the soil has any nutes in it, this may put the babies into shock of sorts.

Good idea about putting them in the shade, I keep mine under a tree limb so the direct sun is spotty.

I have no thoughts about the pots being too big for them, just don't be too much of a "water feen".
Only give when they ask, don't force water or food down their preverbal throats, they will ask when it is time.
yea I just put them in in that pick ,late in the day,I'm in New Jersey,and I was unusually cold and rained allot the last month,then yesterday was really nice and hot and sunny,and figured they were outgrowing the tiny paper cups I had them in,there about two weeks now,and I have a smaller one that's a week,then I left them outside for the first time last night and they got allot of direct sun this morning and we're in really bad shape,so I moved them to the shade asap and they seems to be doing a little better,there gelato autos,and I haven't grown in over ten years and never autos,so it's gonna be a learning experience to say the least,really appreciate guys like you,respect the experience and knowledge you bring to the table and appreciate any insight you have along this ride,this is gonna be my medicine for a good part of the year,can't afford to mess this up.

yea I just put them in in that pick ,late in the day,I'm in New Jersey,and I was unusually cold and rained allot the last month,then yesterday was really nice and hot and sunny,and figured they were outgrowing the tiny paper cups I had them in,there about two weeks now,and I have a smaller one that's a week,then I left them outside for the first time last night and they got allot of direct sun this morning and we're in really bad shape,so I moved them to the shade asap and they seems to be doing a little better,there gelato autos,and I haven't grown in over ten years and never autos,so it's gonna be a learning experience to say the least,really appreciate guys like you,respect the experience and knowledge you bring to the table and appreciate any insight you have along this ride,this is gonna be my medicine for a good part of the year,can't afford to mess this up.
yanni, I put my autos in a clean plastic box at nights, and close the lid. They sell at Dollar General for about 10 bucks.
The reason is when they are very young and left out all night, there are flying insects out there that like to munch out on those very tender leaves. I do this for the first month of their life.

Give them about 14 days or so in age before feeding them, then make it very light, something like 100 - 150 ppm. Then gradually increase the ppm.

I copied something about auto's from the internet which looks good to me, maybe it will give you fuel for thought to start off with.

The life cycle of auto flowering cannabis.

Weeks 1 - 3. Seeds have broken through the surface of the soil, Seedling stage starts.

1st week, Cotyledon leaves appear, day later the first set of true leaves appear, either single fingered or perhaps even 3 fingered.
Once that second set appears, growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis.
Mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. 1/4th strength of a photo plant.
By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistols.-

Weeks 4 - 6.
4th week the plants are now entering pre flowering stage.
During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Feed only vegetative nutrients at this point and continue until you see the vertical growth slow and stop.
Vertical growth usually stops during week 5 or 6.

Weeks 7 - 9.
By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients must be made.
*The buds will start to fill out and put on weight, becoming hard and tight.
* Pistols will start to change from white to brown, orange, red, etc.
* By now the plants will also have developed a strong smell.
Toward the end of this phase the large primary and smaller secondary fan leaves will begin to turn yellow. This is an indication that the plant is moving toward the end of it's life.

Weeks 10 - 11.
At this time nutes should be discontinued and only plain pHed water fed to flush.
* Yellowing of the fan leaves will continue as the plant draws the stored energy from them.
Eventually they will die and fall off. By the time that the smaller leaves that come from out of the buds will also start to turn yellow.
Then it's time to harvest.-

Of course, there will always be variations depending on the strain, the environment, nutrients, etc. This information is meant to only serve as a general guideline.

Good luck and keep in touch

yanni, I put my autos in a clean plastic box at nights, and close the lid. They sell at Dollar General for about 10 bucks.
The reason is when they are very young and left out all night, there are flying insects out there that like to munch out on those very tender leaves. I do this for the first month of their life.

Give them about 14 days or so in age before feeding them, then make it very light, something like 100 - 150 ppm. Then gradually increase the ppm.

I copied something about auto's from the internet which looks good to me, maybe it will give you fuel for thought to start off with.

Weeks 1 - 3. Seeds have broken through the surface of the soil, Seedling stage starts.

1st week, Cotyledon leaves appear, day later the first set of true leaves appear, either single fingered or perhaps even 3 fingered.
Once that second set appears, growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis.
Mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. 1/4th strength of a photo plant.
By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistols.-

Weeks 4 - 6.
During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Feed only vegetative nutrients at this point and continue until you see the vertical growth slow and stop.

Weeks 7 - 9.
By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients must be made.
Toward the end of this phase the large primary and smaller secondary fan leaves will begin to turn yellow. This is an indication that the plant is moving toward the end of it's life.

Weeks 10 - 11.
At this time nutes should be discontinued and only plain pHed water fed to flush.
* Yellowing of the fan leaves will continue as the plant draws the stored energy from them.
Eventually they will die and fall off. By the time that the smaller leaves that come from out of the buds will also start to turn yellow.

Of course, there will always be variations depending on the strain, the environment, nutrients, etc. This information is meant to only serve as a general guideline.

And I will TY as well!!!

Weeks 4 - 6.

Weeks 7 - 9.

Weeks 10 - 11.

Wait a minute, aren't auto s all ready feminized???

Not naturally nor necessarily.

Whether Auto-flower or Photo-period, the natural result of breeding the parent stock will be to get 'regular' seeds. It takes some human involvement to get a 'regular' female to produce nearly 100% female seeds.
Right on @SmokingWings , well said.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom