Roly poly potato bug!

ottothief

Need help with these bugs .Took a ride to the gr to find these bastards rockin and rollin every were.What should i do ?Some had climbed up the plants.Yes its a basement.Any advice besides stompin them everytime i show up.:scratchinghead::yikes:

Re: Roly poly potato bug wtf!

get some food grade diatomacious earth and dress the top of your soil with it(asumming your growing in soil)
this will stop most any crawling bug from making a dinner out of your ladies:)

Will diatomacious hurt my baby clones?Man i feel so uneducated!Hey:Namaste::thumb: but im writing this knowledge down fishcake.:thanks:

What actually is food grade diatomacious?:thanks:
well first diatoms are old corals from along time ago and then have been crushed over the years by mother nature.
that said you can go to a animal feed and supply store and find it.
its a fine powder that when it comes in contact with bugs dries out their skelotens and they will die:) you can also use it as a flea powder for your dog or cat as the food grade is safe for human consumption. its also used in aquarium filters to clean the water crystal clear.
there is also a diatomacious earth that is used in pool filters but that has chemicals added that aren't good for us or animals. hope this helps.:peace:

yes thank you very much fc for the info.I love the fact that it is organic.Lovit! Ancient algae:thanks: huh.I wonder if egg shells would do the same thing?:idea:

Yes D.E (Diotomacious Earth) it is basically like tiny daggers that piece bugs skin. Making them die from dehydration. It is totally harmless in that way to soft bodied animals.

Just to clarify on fish cakes statement. The reason not to use pool grade D.E and to only use food grade is because the pool grade is treated differently. Everything I have ever seen was still 100% D.E for pools. The difference is the particles are much finer. Which makes it very easy to breath in. Prolonged breathing of D.E has been proven to cause cancer, specifically silicosis. Food grade does not have these risks.

So you can actually use most pool grade D.E as it is 100% pure and if you only use it on a plant or two every once in awhile I doubt you will have adverse effects. But when it comes to my health, I surely paid the extra $ and got the food grade stuff.

thank you for more clarification.There is so many types of bugs out there ready and wiiling to damage your hard work.Is this D.E also good to use on clones fresh out of the dome?:thumb:

D.E will not effect your plants negatively.

All you do with D.E is take a small amount and spread it across the top of your soil. Like powdering a doughnut. Just needs a light coating on top is all.

sniff sniff:straightface:

Im sorry fishcake i was rude thanks to you also.:thanks:I will get better at props and reps and stuff.:thumb::peace:

:rofl:dont be I was just pulling your chain:) I'am glad that you got help when needed and Jimmy was alot more informative then me:bravo:
I dont much care about Reps and all that crap. just like for everyone to get their grow on with out worries. and so do the other folks here!
thats what makes this site:420: great!
nobody has all the answers but most everyone has something to share!
and let it be known that I aint no expert, so my next problem may be yours to help with:)

Back
Top Bottom