Rookie needs a lesson on his first crop. Help

Michaelsbuds

Hey, was up all!
Just found this site last week! Love it! 420 Rocks!

Need a little advice from those that can spare a minute.

First crop and I'm wiggin a bit.

Got 6 "Cherry Bomb" plants starting 4th week from the cloner
Got 6 "Goo" plants starting the 3rd week

Using ebb & flow system with expanded clay, plants cloned in Rockwool.
Water PH is at 6.1
Pym is at 550

Daytime temps 81
Night time temp 52
RH is 105 day down to 49% at night

HPS 1000w Xtrasun lamps air exhausted on 18-6

My concern is that the leaves are yellow-ish not really DARK green.
Not totally yellow but just not that dark green color.
Did I drop the PH too fast???
Watering once a day as I feel the Rockwool holds allot of moisture.

I'm not sure if the pictures will help or show what I'm talking about.
Thanks for your input; I hope to help out in the future!!!

IMG_07423.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_07413.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_07405.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_07395.JPG

Re: Rookie needs a lesson on his first crop...Help

Hey, was up all!
Just found this site last week! Love it! 420 Rocks!

Need a little advice from those that can spare a minute.

First crop and I’m wiggin a bit.

Got 6 "Cherry Bomb" plants starting 4th week from the cloner
Got 6 "Goo" plants starting the 3rd week

Using ebb & flow system with expanded clay, plants cloned in Rockwool.
Water PH is at 6.1 A bit too high..after filling your rez with everything. ph it down to 5.5 during veg and 5.8-5.9 in flower
Pym is at 550 I think your trying to say ppm is 550...give them half strength mutes for another week and then giver her!

Daytime temps 81 perfect
Night time temp 52 its ok but you really dont want to see more then a 20 degree change from day to night.
RH is 105 day down to 49% at night 105??? you ideally want 50% all the way through. You need some circulation wherever your growing brother and get that down otherwise your going to have a bunch of mold issues when you start budding. Got fans going or the room exhausted other then the light?

HPS 1000w Xtrasun lamps air exhausted on 18-6

My concern is that the leaves are yellow-ish not really DARK green.
Not totally yellow but just not that dark green color.
Did I drop the PH too fast??? No if you started in rockwool you should have soaked the RW cubes in 5.5 ph water before using them . that's important as it sets them up to be uised and make use of the nutes for the plants.
Watering once a day as I feel the Rockwool holds allot of moisture.No brother...your not giving your plants any nutrients by growing in soil so you have to keep your plants constanly fed....4 times a day for 8 mins....the roots are in the hydrotron which dry out in mins and then your plants are sucking air...LOL

I’m not sure if the pictures will help or show what I’m talking about.
Thanks for your input; I hope to help out in the future!!! didn't really need them to help you out brother and if you reply to your own mess. you'll see what I did to get the pics to work!

IMG_07423.JPG

IMG_07413.JPG

IMG_07405.JPG

IMG_07395.JPG

Hey brother...your going to have to change things up a bit and learn to post pics while your at it....LOL...check out my reccomendations for what your doing wrong above....right now you want to empty your rez and clean it out good. Put straight water in it and flush the plants for a day. Then follow the help above and add 3ml-5ml of concentated 33% hydrogen peroxide in your rez when you re-fill it back up and then add half that everyday.

Stink;
thanks for the reply!!!! You guys are the greatest!

My flood was once a day at the beginning of the day cycle
My reservior temp is 72

Using Flora Nova 7-4-10

there on weeks 4 for the c bombs and week 3 for the Goo

Stink;
thanks for the reply!!!! You guys are the greatest!

My flood was once a day at the beginning of the day cycle
My reservior temp is 72

Using Flora Nova 7-4-10

there on weeks 4 for the c bombs and week 3 for the Goo

MB.

And you're using the CAP system correct?

You should be doing at least 6x15 (every 4 hours x 15 min floods), could probably even go to 8x15 (as Pit has recommended).

You should see improvement within a day or two.

SF

Ledtester;
Thanks man for the detailed reply!!!!!
You and stink are a BIG help to put me at eaze.

OK first lets answer some questions for ya..STINKFINGER hey follow along here if you can

I emptied the old water out, pulled the inner buckets, wiped down the outer buckets, really flushed the reservoir good. I filled the reservior back up and have been waiting all day for the temp to get back to 72. (my incoming temp is 42) At the same time i'm adding PH down (my incomming is 7.6) I'll keeping working the PH down til I get a high 5 reading as you suggested.
I also go out in the morning and get some Hydro Peroxide
then I'll flush with four water sessions, then slowly start with the nutes at 250 ppm

No you right, I don't like the 20 temp diff either. I'll get to work on that.
Typo the RH is 10% day 49% night, trying to add some during the day, and its getting better.

I was just watering once a day at the beginning of the day cycle

It took me awhile just to get the pictures this far.
I know, I got some more learning to do!!!
Thanks for you patience and help with all this

Stink;
Dooly noted.....they need more
yea, i got the CAP controller bucket working right, i was just afraid of over watering.
I'll make the adjustment

I'm thinking right though, to get the PH down in the new water first before the actual flush right? I don't want to flush with 7.6 PH water huh?

Ledtester;
Thanks man for the detailed reply!!!!!
You and stink are a BIG help to put me at eaze.

OK first lets answer some questions for ya..STINKFINGER hey follow along here if you can

I emptied the old water out, pulled the inner buckets, wiped down the outer buckets, really flushed the reservoir good. I filled the reservior back up and have been waiting all day for the temp to get back to 72. (my incoming temp is 42) At the same time i'm adding PH down (my incomming is 7.6) I'll keeping working the PH down til I get a high 5 reading as you suggested.
I also go out in the morning and get some Hydro Peroxide
then I'll flush with four water sessions, then slowly start with the nutes at 250 ppm

No you right, I don't like the 20 temp diff either. I'll get to work on that.
Typo the RH is 10% day 49% night, trying to add some during the day, and its getting better.

I was just watering once a day at the beginning of the day cycle

It took me awhile just to get the pictures this far.
I know, I got some more learning to do!!!
Thanks for you patience and help with all this

RH is ok
Your 3 and 4 weeks in so giver with the nutes right away. Check and keep the ph stable and change the rez once a week...the bigger the rez the more stable things are. bit high ph was compounded by not feeding them enough...no biggie you haven't killed them yet brother!

Stink;
Dooly noted.....they need more
yea, i got the CAP controller bucket working right, i was just afraid of over watering.
I'll make the adjustment

I'm thinking right though, to get the PH down in the new water first before the actual flush right? I don't want to flush with 7.6 PH water huh?

just flush with straight water,,,the flush is just to clear and start over then make sure that you ph down your water after adding everything to it first....water is preferable at 67-70 if you're having to heat it

RH is ok
Your 3 and 4 weeks in so giver with the nutes right away. Check and keep the ph stable and change the rez once a week...the bigger the rez the more stable things are. bit high ph was compounded by not feeding them enough...no biggie you haven't killed them yet brother!

:bump:

As to the water temp, you may find this helpful, it was a recent question I had.

Res Temp - CAP e-n-g

SF

hey man. stoppin in to say hi. how are the little ones doing now?

that 33% H2O2 can be found at any hydro store.

catch ya later.

Newsis;
They're like on 'roids!
I never did do the H2O2.
I wasn't giving them enough water and nutes at this point in time.
I switched to flower mode over the weekend.
Its about time....anxious to see these girls fill out!

congrats man. can't wait to see pictures. *hint hint*

Back
Top Bottom