Room Revamp

Lord Jebus

High -de-ho everybody. Just did a revamp on my room. The space is 8 foot by 5 foot by 4 foot. Using a 400 watt MH bulb with a crappy reflector and about 30 mins of my time, I yielded 70 grams of NL x hash Plant that blew our minds. So same room better reflection, better air flow and ventilation via a 16" fan in and a 4 inch outtake fan up to. New 4 foot reflector for the bulb, and switching to 400 watt HPS when flowering. Im growing out my mothers as I started new ones, so should yield happy results, I will keep you posted.

Awsome, I love following peoples grows and am looking forward to watching yours turn into pretty little ladies.

It was 4 plants each about 3 feet tall. These mother are each that tall now, just going into a month worth of HID bath vegy growth, and some nice flowering Come February. I got it planned so its cured for 4:20. So now there is 2 mothers, 400 watt MH and 240 watts worth of flourescent around the base. Got a few clones, gonna keep working with the strain but going bucket hydro. Gonna try and get pics, but cant seem to upload.

Although a lot of you probably have no idea who I am, I used to frequent these forums obsessively. Just returned and wanted to share a little something I've been doing these past few months.

Lord Jebus (my husband) and I tried our hand at growing our own, and as he said we got about 70g. Not bad for a first grow that was pretty much thrown together, lol.

Don't worry, there'll be some pictures soon ;)

Okay, I feel like a royal PostWhore, but I just couldn't wait with the pictures!!

These are a few shots from our first go at it. These beauties unfortunatly had to endure a slight insect problem as well as a slight over-use of anti-bug methods *shifts eyes to Jebus* but all in all we were really impressed. I swear, these pictures just don't do justice. This weed is so sticky to the touch that it's almost impossible to roll a decent joint without a cake of resin on your fingers *drools*

DSCF00046.JPG

DSCF00058.JPG

DSCF00065.JPG

And this is our vastly superior room:
DSCF00027.JPG

That's just a basic view, minus the lighting and such. We put our Mommies into there the other night (on an 18/6 schedule), so I'll be sure to share more photos as they mature.

Thanks!
We're expecting a lot better plants this time around. The room was thoroughly cleaned beforehand so hopefully we won't have the same bug problem :S

The only problem we still seem to be having is temperature. It sits at about 90-95 degrees, although it seems cooler right by the leaves. Jebus says we're going to try a 140 cfm fan instead of the 50 cfm we have.

Any of you experts have any ideas?? ;)

WOOOOOO!!! I like it Vexy, gats on the new place. The plants will fourish, I'm calling it right now.

The only thing i could say that could help ya Sexy is maybe open the door to the room and leave it open for a few hours. Second instead of one fan get two one sucking in air and one blowin it out. Put the one suckin out at the top because of course u know heat rises. Then put the other fan lower to bring fresh air in and blow on the plants the streghten them up.

^^^ Good suggestions.

I neglected to mention that we do have a regular oscillating fan in there, blowing lightly at the plants. Our outtake fan is already at the top of the room. We'd been thinking on leaving the door open, since it seemed to help, so I guess we will do that.

They should be fine though, especially once we get the better outtake fan.
Our last batch were a little high in temperature too, but they didn't seem to mind.

Changed some things today, fans are running 30 mins before light comes on, or as close as possible. <Thats 5:00 in the morning but hey, not victory without sacrifice> Running exhaust into rest of house, too much moisture was building up in the bedroom. Problem seems to be better. Gonna get a 130 cfm blower fan this weekend and run it instead of the 50 cfm bathroom fan

Mother #1 in Veg
Mother11.JPG

Mother #2 in Veg
Mother21.JPG

400 watt MH with new shade, and 250 watts worth of flourescent grolux below
NewLighting1.JPG

Gonna have some new pics soon of all the ventilation and plants. They are now enjoying a month of HID veg and a few more sets of clones to take and bush these mommies out.

P.S. The mothers went under the bright light on Saturday, and are doing fine, pics very soon.

I'm going to fashion my grow room after yours, man. :) It looks great! Does it really help to have the flouros on the floor? Seems like a great idea. Also, what are you doing about the smell since the exhaust is running into the rest of your house.

I'll bet those babies grow into absolute beauties, too. I LOVE the way the room is set up . . . Very nice job!

I can hardly wait for your follow ups, bro!

The flouros on the floor provide extra light to the underside of the plants, as well as extra light in general.

As far as smell, we didn't have any trouble last time. Only thing we noticed was that the bedroom smelled like someone had just smoked a joint... which is what the entire house smells like all the time anyways :cheesygrinsmiley:
If trouble with smells arise, we'll probably just shove some Bounce sheets into the ends of the outtake fan tubing. Sounds simple, because it is. We'd tried that last time, and the only smell that came out was Bounce.

As well I am gonna build a 3 foot long canister inline with the exhaust hose filled with activated carbon, all exhausted air will be forced through there at 140 cfm.

Yeah, what he said ;)

You two sound like you've been at this for a while. If not, you have at least put a great deal of thought, and time into your current grow.

I'll be following this journal, if you don't mind. Your set up is exactly the way I want to do my own.

I was hoping to see one like this, so thanks! ;)

Back
Top Bottom