Root Rot DWC

spab1311

think root rot as set in due to temps today, sprayed with 3% h202 half cap to 1l water, now in new bucket every thing cleaned or changed, now in new bucket tap water ph 6, so how much h202 to add to bucket for 3gln water, any help be great

20220613_192431.jpg
20220613_192404.jpg

Good call with the h202 at 3%.

Your going to go through a bit of h202- but she is very salvageable.

What I did last time I had root rot: lift the cup like you did, and submerged the entire root mass (up to the stock) in 3% h202. A few such dunks a day.

See if you can add enzymes. Flying Skull or Hygrozyme (or something along those line).

Are you using any root products? You need to go sterile (h202) or benifical microbes (root builder, hydroguard, orca, etc.)...one or the other (but don't mix the two...h202 will kill the beneficial microbes)

Good call with the h202 at 3%.

Your going to go through a bit of h202- but she is very salvageable.

What I did last time I had root rot: lift the cup like you did, and submerged the entire root mass (up to the stock) in 3% h202. A few such dunks a day.

See if you can add enzymes. Flying Skull or Hygrozyme (or something along those line).

Are you using any root products? You need to go sterile (h202) or benifical microbes (root builder, hydroguard, orca, etc.)...one or the other (but don't mix the two...h202 will kill the beneficial microbes)
Yeah im trying my friend, so how much 3% h202 would you add to a 1gl, as res got none atm, was waiting to see whats best, dont wanna over do it, as a raise in temps cause I think, so any idea how much to add, and thanks for stopping by

Yeah im trying my friend, so how much 3% h202 would you add to a 1gl, as res got none atm, was waiting to see whats best, dont wanna over do it, as a raise in temps cause I think, so any idea how much to add, and thanks for stopping by
was using this pyscho myco, adding tsp to res, got trichoderma mycorriza, etc might be that to, but stopped as running sterile, tried getting hydroguard cant get it

At 3% there is no limit really. If you have the food grade stuff at 29% dilute so the whole bucket is at around 3%.

If you only have the pharmacy stuff (good in a pinch, but I don't recommend it for long term regular use)...just dump the bottles from the top of the net cup into the res (so it gets all the roots with h202).

was using this pyscho myco, adding tsp to res, got trichoderma mycorriza, etc might be that to, but stopped as running sterile, tried getting hydroguard cant get it

Yeah I've done both, and now i stick with beneficials unless nuking them with h202. Hydroguard is insane expensive here, I tried microbial mass, and root builder for alternatives that works well. Orca paired with mycos chum gave me the craziest roots I've ever had, but that's expensive too.

Can you get the food grade h202? Make sure you get some good rubber gloves, that shit burns!!!

think root rot as set in due to temps today, sprayed with 3% h202 half cap to 1l water, now in new bucket every thing cleaned or changed, now in new bucket tap water ph 6, so how much h202 to add to bucket for 3gln water, any help be great

Remove all the life other than the plant. Consider getting a larger reservoir. Install one of these:
full

It's an aquarium power head. You can get an AquaTech brand one for $22.82 at ChinaMart (Walmart). Comes with a plastic tube, meant to connect to an undergravel filter in an aquarium (stick it on the bottom of the power head and just let it hang). It'll suck nutrient solution from the lower reservoir area and pump it outwards (there's a little directional plastic thing by the output that you can adjust). Also comes with a hose, one end gets installed on the power head, the other end goes in the air. Little "filter" thing you can stick on the end to keep dust/etc. out. Venturi effect causes a great deal of air to be drawn in and injected into the nutrient solution flow - which you direct toward your root mass. Use this in addition to your existing aeration setup, for best results.

And add ~15 ml per gallon of 3% H₂O₂, always. It doesn't hurt to add it at that rate, now and then, when you're in your garden - but always add it to what you're pouring in to replenish the reservoir.

That should keep your root system rot-free even if the central air conditioner goes out and the temperature in your home peaks at 102° on Saturday and 103° on Sunday because the maintenance guy stays drunk all weekend instead of responding to "urgent" calls. At least it did when I was living in an apartment and it happened to me. I panicked, and became absolutely miserable, that weekend - the plant did neither of those things, lol.

At 3% there is no limit really. If you have the food grade stuff at 29% dilute so the whole bucket is at around 3%.

If you only have the pharmacy stuff (good in a pinch, but I don't recommend it for long term regular use)...just dump the bottles from the top of the net cup into the res (so it gets all the roots with h202).

Yeah I've done both, and now i stick with beneficials unless nuking them with h202. Hydroguard is insane expensive here, I tried microbial mass, and root builder for alternatives that works well. Orca paired with mycos chum gave me the craziest roots I've ever had, but that's expensive too.

Can you get the food grade h202? Make sure you get some good rubber gloves, that shit burns!!!
thats great my friend, will get some 29% tomoz and do like you said, so will just dialing things back, and go sterile and so how she goes, check and roots looking better already, so will do like you said with h202, and take it from there, keeping temps back dwn to 20c and giving her my full attention lol,so thanks my friend been a great help now see how goes

Remove all the life other than the plant. Consider getting a larger reservoir. Install one of these:
full

It's an aquarium power head. You can get an AquaTech brand one for $22.82 at ChinaMart (Walmart). Comes with a plastic tube, meant to connect to an undergravel filter (stick it on the bottom of the power head and just let it hang). It'll suck nutrient solution from the lower reservoir area and pump it outwards (there's a little directional plastic thing by the output that you can adjust). Also comes with a hose, one end gets installed on the power head, the other end goes in the air. Little "filter" thing you can stick on the end to keep dust/etc. out. Venturi effect causes a great deal of air to be drawn in and injected into the nutrient solution flow - which you direct toward your root mass. Use this in addition to your existing aeration setup, for best results.

And add ~15 ml per gallon of 3% H₂O₂, always. It doesn't hurt to add it at that rate, now and then, when you're in your garden - but always add it to what you're pouring in to replenish the reservoir.

That should keep your root system rot-free even if the central air conditioner goes out and the temperature in your home peaks at 102° on Saturday and 103° on Sunday because the maintenance guy stays drunk all weekend instead of responding to "urgent" calls. At least it did when I was living in an apartment and it happened to me. I panicked, and became absolutely miserable, that weekend - the plant did neither of those things, lol.
yeah thanks for that my friend, well just checked and they look so much better already, so will leave her be for now and see what they look like in morn, and go from there,
As had my landlord round and turned down air pump aswell, didnt think he be here all day, so temps went up to, so thinks its because of this happening was the reason, so another lesson learned today lol, so will see whats what tomoz and add the 15ml per gl, and go from there, but hopefully got it early, and I cant turn it round, so thank you for the advice, and for stopping by, will let you know how she goes

things strting to look good better then they was, so will keep an eye on things closely and keep up with the h202, so might of got it early enough hopefully, fingers crossed see how she goes for next few days

I've not checked my water Temps since starting my first DWC run and it gets to 27c in the tent. Hygrozime is doing the trick. Thing is with hygrozime it stains your roots lol so a new to DWC could mistake for root rot.

I've not checked my water Temps since starting my first DWC run and it gets to 27c in the tent. Hygrozime is doing the trick. Thing is with hygrozime it stains your roots lol so a new to DWC could mistake for root rot.
thanks for that my friend, I think that may be it, as nothing changing really plant looking happy etc, so just given a h202 rinse just for peace of mind, and just watch an track the progress, its not got worse, if owt roots look well, so may be just fretting over nothing, like you said, but we will see hoe she does this wk, so thanks guys, will update on how she goes

Quick update
Well plant doing well now, looks like ive got on top of the root rot hopefully, but she growing fast and responding well, done some light LST, and plant looking great, so will just try and keep everything dialed in, and keep up what ive been doing so far, so we will see how she gets on this wk, as she should be getting ready for flower soon, so I will keep up with h202 and just monitor and adapt accordingly, so happy growing guys an all the best for the wk ahead

WIN_20220619_20_57_47_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom