Root rot? Or something else

joebechill

this has been happening and transplanting has helped but it’s too far along to transplant again . i think it’s root rot. 2.6 gallon bucked. 35 rh . temp 75-80
it’s affecting all of the fan leaves but not the bud sites (yet)

Attachments

• 2A0BBC79-C20D-41F3-A45A-C7A7424991C0.jpeg
    2A0BBC79-C20D-41F3-A45A-C7A7424991C0.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 174
  • 4D57FBBC-2B4F-4BF2-A32B-BC13ED6820A6.jpeg
    4D57FBBC-2B4F-4BF2-A32B-BC13ED6820A6.jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 172
  • 898A587E-E47B-47A8-9FC6-D6D597FE23A7.jpeg
    898A587E-E47B-47A8-9FC6-D6D597FE23A7.jpeg
    509.1 KB · Views: 189
  • D56862F4-CC9D-4454-B297-6C813F77C853.jpeg
    D56862F4-CC9D-4454-B297-6C813F77C853.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 185
  • 8E32E370-3D5B-49D9-9C07-075D28387F92.jpeg
    8E32E370-3D5B-49D9-9C07-075D28387F92.jpeg
    554.2 KB · Views: 184
  • A81F46B7-7AA2-4D15-B9BF-FE9F479278F4.jpeg
    A81F46B7-7AA2-4D15-B9BF-FE9F479278F4.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 178
  • C2C6353A-FC24-4D8C-95C1-285C6F6B5347.jpeg
    C2C6353A-FC24-4D8C-95C1-285C6F6B5347.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 171
looks like a calcium deficiency, which is fairly common in the cannabis world. You should supplement with some calmag.

I second her motion! Exactly what I’m dealing with. I’ve upped my micro for my nutrients which has my cal mag. I’m still seeing vigorous growth with no effect seemingly, to its flowers.

Is it just affecting top to middle growth? Or is this throughout all leaves?

Looks like calcium. But mine only are affected top leaves down to middle. You did inspect the undersides to rule out mites?

As I have watched my calcium deficiency progress. What I have noticed, is that brand new growth still comes out pretty decently Coloured. Then after about seven days I start seeing the dots. My assumption is that there is some stored immobile calcium or draw from, and it uses up that. Then starts showing deficiency.

All my older leaves that were mature prior to the deficit. And have no odd dots or discolouration.

looks like a calcium deficiency, which is fairly common in the cannabis world. You should supplement with some calmag.
oh my god that’s would be amazing . i actually add a little bit of cal mag but i only water like once every 2-3 weeks because i ducked up my first grow and used miracle grow organic with no perlite in shitty plastic pots. i have ffof, perlite, and fabric pots for my next grow. even though the pot isn’t all the way dry should i water using cal mag today? last water was the 15th. i think i used the right amount of cal mag per gallon but i could add more than recomended on the bottle? i also watered using your method last time instead of just downright soaking it all at once . i used to water really fast and just walk away

Is it just affecting top to middle growth? Or is this throughout all leaves?

Looks like calcium. But mine only are affected top leaves down to middle. You did inspect the undersides to rule out mites?

As I have watched my calcium deficiency progress. What I have noticed, is that brand new growth still comes out pretty decently Coloured. Then after about seven days I start seeing the dots. My assumption is that there is some stored immobile calcium or draw from, and it uses up that. Then starts showing deficiency.

All my older leaves that were mature prior to the deficit. And have no odd dots or discolouration.
it starts killing leaves on the lower growth but it’s throughout my plant

Interesting. I have been researching these dots for several days. And from what I understand, if it is appearing most heavily on older mature growth. That would be inconsistent with calcium deficiency.

That being said, some of the symptoms of my calcium deficiency aren’t necessarily consistent either, like stalled flowering etc. As mine are still growing like mad.

What I got out of my reasearch was the dots can be calcium, mites, leaf septoria or most uncommonly, odd forms of fungus.

And you have ruled out mites by inspecting undersides?

Interesting. I have been researching these dots for several days. And from what I understand, if it is appearing most heavily on older mature growth. That would be inconsistent with calcium deficiency.

That being said, some of the symptoms of my calcium deficiency aren’t necessarily consistent either, like stalled flowering etc. As mine are still growing like mad.

What I got out of my reasearch was the dots can be calcium, mites, leaf septoria or most uncommonly, odd forms of fungus.

And you have ruled out mites by inspecting undersides?
yeah it’s attacking the oldest growth mostly and there are no mites. should i add some cal mag in ph 6.2 water today even if it isn’t totally dry? it’s like half way dry

I second her motion! Exactly what I’m dealing with. I’ve upped my micro for my nutrients which has my cal mag. I’m still seeing vigorous growth with no effect seemingly, to its flowers.
Sorry buddy but as I said In your other post, your problems are comming from too strong a feed and not watering enough. This is giving you "hot soil syndrome"
Don't know if that's whats going in here yet but I'm off to have a look.

Sorry buddy but as I said In your other post, your problems are comming from too strong a feed and not watering enough. This is giving you "hot soil syndrome"
Don't know if that's whats going in here yet but I'm off to have a look.

I took this in to account. But I’ve had some promix growers tell me the water retention in peat is higher then coco. And that I should still be doing a wet dry cycle. As for the strength of nutes, I was at only 900ppm. Which I’ve been running since week 3 veg. With watering to run off each time, it doesn’t make sense to me I end up with “hot” conditions. My ph in and out is perfect. And salts will be flushed each time I water.

From the reading I have done a calcium lock out occurs when I have an imbalance of nutrients which causes the lock out. Im using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect line. And many people swear they have grown following their schedule with great success.

I’m currently feeling very confident that upping my nutrients to their recommended levels will give me the fix I’m looking for.

Everywhere I look says 1000-1600 ppm for ideal level for flowering past week 3 Flower. So going to 600 seems like it will hurt my yields.

Have you grown with promix? If so, id feel more comfortable heeding this advice. But my guts say lowering calcium is going to mess me up!

yeah it’s attacking the oldest growth mostly and there are no mites. should i add some cal mag in ph 6.2 water today even if it isn’t totally dry? it’s like half way dry

I’d love to answer to that. But I’m not a soil guy. That being said. 2-3 weeks dry time in soil sounds like a problem.

I would think if you’re holding water for that long you have serious drainage issues!

yeah miracle grow and a shitty pot with no perlite .. it’s like too late now. i was just winging it lol

Well my experience with this calcium deficit so far, is that it’s not overly fast progressing. It’s been going on for weeks. And aside from the visual look of the leaves. The 2 plants that have it, are growing and flowering well. So I don’t think you have to immediately jump on it, at any risk of overwatering.

I wonder if it’s possible your long dry times could cause the root rot you think you have. And that somehow messes with calcium uptake.

Keep in mind, I’m a first time grower. And have much to learn!

Well my experience with this calcium deficit so far, is that it’s not overly fast progressing. It’s been going on for weeks. And aside from the visual look of the leaves. The 2 plants that have it, are growing and flowering well. So I don’t think you have to immediately jump on it, at any risk of overwatering.

I wonder if it’s possible your long dry times could cause the root rot you think you have. And that somehow messes with calcium uptake.

Keep in mind, I’m a first time grower. And have much to learn!
i definitely think that the long dry times are doing more bad than good. it makes everything way harder to control too. this is my first grow and i made it a little bit of a pain in the ass for myself by just winging it and then falling in love with growing after the fact lol. and it was kind of bad and went throughout the plant almost overnight . it is sad seeing her die it’s only on one of the three plants but she was forsure growing the best. i know that it doesn’t mean it will yeild the most but it has been my favorite the entire time (germinated december 1st)

i definitely think that the long dry times are doing more bad than good. it makes everything way harder to control too. this is my first grow and i made it a little bit of a pain in the ass for myself by just winging it and then falling in love with growing after the fact lol. and it was kind of bad and went throughout the plant almost overnight . it is sad seeing her die it’s only on one of the three plants but she was forsure growing the best. i know that it doesn’t mean it will yeild the most but it has been my favorite the entire time (germinated december 1st)

Don’t give up on her! Keep plugging away at it. It’s the only way to learn! I’ve been watching what was my favourite one, slowly descend into hell with this. Hopefully she will bounce back

I took this in to account. But I’ve had some promix growers tell me the water retention in peat is higher then coco. And that I should still be doing a wet dry cycle. As for the strength of nutes, I was at only 900ppm. Which I’ve been running since week 3 veg. With watering to run off each time, it doesn’t make sense to me I end up with “hot” conditions. My ph in and out is perfect. And salts will be flushed each time I water.

From the reading I have done a calcium lock out occurs when I have an imbalance of nutrients which causes the lock out. Im using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect line. And many people swear they have grown following their schedule with great success.

I’m currently feeling very confident that upping my nutrients to their recommended levels will give me the fix I’m looking for.

Everywhere I look says 1000-1600 ppm for ideal level for flowering past week 3 Flower. So going to 600 seems like it will hurt my yields.

Have you grown with promix? If so, id feel more comfortable heeding this advice. But my guts say lowering calcium is going to mess me up!
That's fair enough mate. You follow the advice you feel is best.

oh my god that’s would be amazing . i actually add a little bit of cal mag but i only water like once every 2-3 weeks because i ducked up my first grow and used miracle grow organic with no perlite in shitty plastic pots. i have ffof, perlite, and fabric pots for my next grow. even though the pot isn’t all the way dry should i water using cal mag today? last water was the 15th. i think i used the right amount of cal mag per gallon but i could add more than recomended on the bottle? i also watered using your method last time instead of just downright soaking it all at once . i used to water really fast and just walk away
Just bear in mind mate. The recommendations on the bottle are seriously high doses. I've grown plenty plants over a pound dry and none of them have needed full strength anything. If you're already using that dose and still getting deficits, do you really think the problem is a lack of nutrients? Cos if it isn't then adding more could just make things worse.
Just to show you, that's a 1.5m tent and that plant never went over 1000ppm. My tap water is 48ppm and I only needed calmag once every week or so at half strength.

Sorry buddy but I really can't let this go lol. Fell asleep for half an hour and I'm wide awake now cos I'm smoking some waay too sativa stuff for this time.
Thats a 7 week veg photo in a 1.5m X 1.5m tent. Around 3 weeks after the flip there and she only went upto 1000ppm for a week of the stretch and about 2 weeks afterwards. Was back down to
8-900 there. I feed almost exactly in line with what they're absorbing and I know this because I measure the res obsessively and make tiny adjustments every day to keep it perfect. It's quite sad the amount of time I spend working it out but it's worth it.
No plant needs a 1600ppm feed. Not unless it's about 60% bigger than that and she was drinking 17 litres a day by this point.
Just trying to put things into perspective mate.

Attachments

• 548d7758-de4c-4364-90c6-6660033def4a.jpg
    548d7758-de4c-4364-90c6-6660033def4a.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom