Round Two Journal - Top Feed Rock Wool - Dutch Treat Auto

cannoob

It's coming to be that time where I start my second grow.

My first grow had reasonable results growing 1x amnesia haze, and 1x Dutch treat. The AH flowered and yielded about 3.5 oz. small, but great bud. The Dutch treat never flowered. 6 months in and I'm pretty sure I'll just tear it down at this point. I'm guessing I screwed that one up along the way.

In an attempt to understand more grow styles, I decided I'd try something more hydroponic this time. The local shop swears by stacked 4x4 bricks, so I figured I'd give it a shot. All the advice from them so far has been stellar, so let's try it.

I've still got to do my reading about germinating in bricks, that's for this evening.

The system is simple so far, had a spare power head from my aquarium, so that will power the drip feed into a custom pex manifold. Exit and entry valves should give a fine tune on pressure without stressing the pump too.

I was planning to do 4 plants from this system, but I'm not sure the standard Rubbermaid tote will have adequate spacing for this. I'm open to suggestions here.

The plan is to cut the lids with a few drainage holes, then a layer of plastic egg crate for clearance. I'll wrap the lid in something shiny and reflective once done.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Apparently I submitted too early.

I've already got a tent with a 300w led. Tent is heated to maintain a perfect 80*, RH around 40, but there's not much in there right now so plants and watering should bring that up.

I will be ph controlling my RO water this time. I put no effort into it last time, which is probably part of my previous issues.

I'll also be measuring food by Myself PpM this time. Where as last time it was about ml on the bottle. Which again, was likely less than ideal. I'd love to hear about others feed schedules.

I'll probably rig in a pump for draining the resivoir, because I'm lazy.

Some form of air stone will be added to the resivoir as well.

Unless suggested otherwise, I'll maintain a 18/6 light schedule once the seeds break ground.

1dc2d85ad852b91d0dd4347bb23bd8fe.jpg

This is the pile of goodies so far. I'll try to get some assembly time in tonight.

The bin will essentially sit on concrete. Is it recommended to insulate to keep the water temperature up? This is something I haven't put much thought into yet. Should I be considering using an aquarium heater to keep the water temperature at a certain level?

Thanks! In the morning I'll be soaking the rock wool, and landing the seeds into the blocks. I'll be putting the cubes in a dome to keep the humidity in. Temp is about 76 where they'll be sitting.

Test run of the tip feed box today.

Manifold plumbed, got away with a simple power head from my old aquarium.

I think, based on this manifold design that it will be quite easily to double as a sumo drain for when I need to replace the water.

Cubes are in water and waiting for seeds. Got myself a humidity box for the hell of it too.

92f3f23cc18ccac8a918a7b0f0ad827c.jpg

ee7a0881abfb439ee0fa76ac820653e7.jpg
b3a7fddb32c24db987030ca761d825bb.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Unfortunately, all but one seed failed to germinate. The one that did germinate didn't root.

I'm guessing that maybe my seeds say for too long in less than ideal conditions. I'll start again when I'm ready to give it another go.

Back
Top Bottom