I could use some insight

Hey @Royal Queen Seeds
I'd like to share my couple of White Widows acquired through Attitude Seed Bank in Jan/24 in a 5 fems pack.

One of the plants is growing normally, healthy and vigorous. The other l9oks like a dwarf plant. I don't know if there is a technical term for this, I've never seen it before.

I thought it could be some kind of virus like HLVd, so it was removed for a quarantine, which is a small space outside the house, here the photoperiod is 12/12 then it starts to flowering. After five weeks I discarded this possibility, brought it back home and placed inside the flowering tent.

(legend above is the opposite, left/right)

Using organic soil with compost from my worms bin, perlite and basic ammendments like bone meal, oyster shells, etc... Two other plants from Dutch Passion/Europa Seeds are flowering day 8 and are huge.

Just like to know if you guys or someone else has any insight about it.. it's a smaller container (3gals) but this plant is different since the seedling..

Hey Marz!

Thank you for sharing pictures of your White Widows; they are looking good!

Regarding the differences between the two plants, we are not entirely certain about the cause. Typically, the phenotype observed in White Widow is more similar to the plant in the blue pot. There may be any environmental factor influencing the phenotype. Nevertheless, the plant appears healthy in its current stage, and we anticipate a satisfactory performance! 😊🌱

Hey @Royal Queen Seeds
I'd like to share my couple of White Widows acquired through Attitude Seed Bank in Jan/24 in a 5 fems pack.

One of the plants is growing normally, healthy and vigorous. The other l9oks like a dwarf plant. I don't know if there is a technical term for this, I've never seen it before.

I thought it could be some kind of virus like HLVd, so it was removed for a quarantine, which is a small space outside the house, here the photoperiod is 12/12 then it starts to flowering. After five weeks I discarded this possibility, brought it back home and placed inside the flowering tent.

(legend above is the opposite, left/right)

Using organic soil with compost from my worms bin, perlite and basic ammendments like bone meal, oyster shells, etc... Two other plants from Dutch Passion/Europa Seeds are flowering day 8 and are huge.

Just like to know if you guys or someone else has any insight about it.. it's a smaller container (3gals) but this plant is different since the seedling..
Hey sorry your displeased about the look of your young plant.

Do you mind me asking a couple questions such as :

What is your feeding schedule and nutrients used?
And.
What is your watering schedule?

The plant in question is in a bigger pot than the one it is being compared to..... And in my honest opinion is showing signs of either (1) being over watered...(2) She is hungry..or (3) a combo of over water and hungry.

And interesting that they are both the same seed 🤔 yet both look different with the one being questioned looking more of a balanced blend showing long skinnier leaves like a sativa as opposed to the fat heavy rippled indica look the other has.....I know there is room for variety with these but I'm just pointing out what can be seen.

Other than the stunted growth and light color, she appears to be fairly healthy without look of other deficiencies or pest.

Hey Marz!

Thank you for sharing pictures of your White Widows; they are looking good!

Regarding the differences between the two plants, we are not entirely certain about the cause. Typically, the phenotype observed in White Widow is more similar to the plant in the blue pot. There may be any environmental factor influencing the phenotype. Nevertheless, the plant appears healthy in its current stage, and we anticipate a satisfactory performance! 😊🌱
Thanks for the input, I believe these plants are discarded during breeding procedures due to the slow growth, small buds, etc... it's some kind of bonsai, dwarfism, very unusual.. Since it's not occupying space, I'll try to keep till the end, just for curiosity.
Cannabonsai.

The plant in blue pot will be a mother. Planning to use some leaves to make a salad, leaf texture is dense like a good lettuce. 😋

Hey sorry your displeased about the look of your young plant.

Do you mind me asking a couple questions such as :

What is your feeding schedule and nutrients used?
And.
What is your watering schedule?

The plant in question is in a bigger pot than the one it is being compared to..... And in my honest opinion is showing signs of either (1) being over watered...(2) She is hungry..or (3) a combo of over water and hungry.

And interesting that they are both the same seed 🤔 yet both look different with the one being questioned looking more of a balanced blend showing long skinnier leaves like a sativa as opposed to the fat heavy rippled indica look the other has.....I know there is room for variety with these but I'm just pointing out what can be seen.

Other than the stunted growth and light color, she appears to be fairly healthy without look of other deficiencies or pest.
When troubleshooting plants problems, these are the first questions we use to ask, I paid some attention to it in the beginning, but actually I'm giving more credit to an exceptional exemplary of the plant, including any strain.

No nutes are being used.

Soil is basically living organic soil made with compost from worm bin(fruits and vegetables leftovers), perlite, some soil from past cycles and a couple of amendments like bone meal, dolomite, oyster shells, kelp meal... has a great capacity of retaining water so I'm very careful about overwatering it but yes, I did it in the past with some other plants but I don't think it's the case now, specially for the long time this plant is growing here. I'll be reviving my journal in some days to keep track of my grow.
Have other 2 plants starting together and already flowering, thriving under the same conditions including soil and water. Amd we had the hottest May in history, so plants were drinking a lot, 30C and 35RH media - last month.

Thank you for your input, regards 😊

Here is idea. Plant made from different spieces of varieties of plants and it will throw off genes to offspring like humans might get blonde out brown hair mother father but grand mother was blonde. Same thing here grow it and smoke it bro.
I grow about same thing all the time and I see it all the time. One out of 4 maybe 5 sometimes.

Just notice that message was sent to RQS thread as a simple info to the breeder, like "hey guys, take a look to this strange thing happening" and then transformed in a thread by 420 mods.

I'm not sure if I will smoke these buds, now I'm more like "I have a truly cannabonsai, a miniature of a real cannabis plant", it may take a year to complete its flowering and I'll be caring about it like that old Japanese ladies cutting some branches from a mini tree 😃

I also have a miniature of a black panther and a miniature of mountain cat 🐈 🐈‍⬛

Genetics vary a little from plant to plant, specially wild plants, but from well-established breeders these differences are subtle ime. This normal WW will be used as a mother, I don't even need to throw all the beans on the ground to choose, I believe they will be practically the same. But the Dutch Guarani and Cabeça de Nego seeds are completely unstable - not from breeders - I'll only try to select them when I have a lot of space... high rate of hermaphroditism, it even changes the effect of the plant, I presume.

Back
Top Bottom