RumBoy's Aussie Grow in America. Hydro/Aero 2010

Rumboy

Strains: 5xBlue God, 1xBlackberry Kush, 1xGrape Wreck, and two seedlings from unknown (supposedly MM) stash.
Currently in Vege to become mothers. Girls are in 4" rockwool cubes, in hydroton buckets.
Indoor.
Currently under 3 x 4 bulb T5 blue lights. Waiting for Ballast and 400W MH bulb.
RH: averages between 40-50%
pH: Try to keep at 5.8, but recently it wants to keep going UP.
Room Temp: Thermostat is set for 77f. I have a portable radiator oil heater to supply heat.
Pest: May have spider mites. Been treating with Neem
Watering: 3 times a day. At 1st light, midday, and hour and half before dark, for 15 mins each.
Ferts: Canna Aqua vega A&B, Canna Rhizotonic. Superthrive.
PPM: I try to keep it around 900 (Hanna scale)
Bug killers: Neem oil, Physan 20, h2o2

Mothers will be kept in hydroton 3-4 Gal buckets w/ drip hydroponics under 400W MH blue spectrum. (Drippers have currently been removed due to clogging. Free-flowing 1/4" pipes now)
Clones will be produced using stinkbud cloner. StinkBuddies.com
Babies in vege will be in a 24 capacity aeroponic setup.
Flower room will have an ebb n flow tray under one 1kW HPS and two (slightly modified) Stinkbud Jnrs Aero setups under the other 1kW HPS.

Equipment:
RO
Humidifier
air pump with two airstones in vege rez
12" household oscillating fan
Radio playing Jack FM
4" canfan sucking outside air in for ambient co2 and fresh air for the girls
6" canfan pushing outside air through my Xtrasun HPS fixtures in the Flower room
2x 1000W HPS hortilux in flower room
Co2 bottle with regulator for flower room.
Portable window aircon with heat-extracting ducting for when summer gets here.

Started the clones under lights on March 21
18/6
Been spraying the girls with soda water every few days to supply co2
So far, I'm six grand into this.

G'day fellow MJ aficionados, and welcome to my up-over down-under grow journal.

Please feel free to comment, or make suggestions. :thanks:

Mistakes I am aware of:
Did not flush the hydroton before I used it. Will be flushing it b4 I use it in the flower room.
Some of the pots have foam packing beads in the bottom to stop the hydroton falling through. Wishing I didn't do that now. When I replace the mothers with new cloned mothers, I'll be fixing that problem.

More info and pics in next post.

Cheers :yummy:

RumBoy

As promised, some pics of my girls.

Cheers :yummy:

RumBoy

P1030751-1024.JPG

View of my original setup, b4 I set up the MH fixture. ducting is bringing in outside air

P1030767-1024.JPG

Current mother setup in Vege room. Grape wreck extreme left front. Blackberry closest black bucket on extreme right. White and green buckets seedlings, all others Blue God

Lights have been raised to take photos

P1030762-1024.JPG

Spider mites attack?

P1030761-1024.JPG

Spider mite evidence? Browning tips too, what causes that?

The girls are under the 400W MH now. Two of them are wilting. I'm buggered if I know why. From what I read in another thread they appear to be underwatered, but that is BS. :straightface:

Yesterday I put in some more h2o2 (finally arrived on the doorstep) hoping that would help perk them up, but as of this morning it hasn't.

I gave the two of them a foliar feed this morning, and will see if that helped this afternoon when they wake up for their day.

I'll take another pic or two this afternoon.

After each feed, the Ph jumps to 6.0, which I dutifully drop back to 5.8

Come on my girls, you can do it! :cheer:

Here's one of the Blue God girls. Wilting for the last two days, and not getting better. I added h2o2 to the rez, and foliar sprayed Nutes, to no apparent avail.

P1030769-resize.JPG

Here's the other Blue God, this one has been wilting maybe two days longer than the one above. It has looked just as bad as the other, but seems to be making it. I also foliar fed it Nutes this morning, and this afternoon.

P1030770-resize.JPG

Here's the Blackberry Kush:

P1030771-resize.JPG

And here's an overall shot of the mother plants. This is most likely where they will stay now, under the 400W MH lamp

P1030768-resize.JPG

Comments welcome :yummy:

The badly wilting Blue God looked even worse when I just went and had a look. Arrghghh

I flushed her with 2 litres of RO'd pH'd to 5.8 water and then foliated with Nutes.

All I can do now is hope that it helps.

BTFOM what's wrong with her. :eek:(

All else I can think to do is take her off the feed line for a couple days and just let her sit. Check that she isn't drying out and if she is, just give her fresh water, and spray Nutes on the foliage.

RumBoy

Can anyone ID these tiny little nasty bastarards? They're about the size of a pinhead.

blackflies.JPG

These're stuck in a web around a light fixture in the living room

I now have 'em in my grow, bothering my girls.

They first appeared in the severely wilted Blue God pot yesterday morning. I immediately nuked 'em with NEEM, but not sure of the results of that. Still seem to be a few hanging around as of this morning. I'll give 'em another NEEM blast when the girls get up in their morning.

Update: I pruned the wilting Blue God back severely yesterday, and the two branches that looked like they were making it, as still looking like they might make it. But, if it's infested with these nasty little black bastarards I might just give it the toss.

RumBoy

I was reading the posts and as I scanned down and saw the flies my heart did a flip flop.
Ahhh, I hate them, hate em, hate em.
Did you happen to read about my fun with those things? What a nightmare, I was living my own horror movie..
It amazes me that we all survived.
Got to catch up, maybe there is a follow up.
Lil

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom