Rust or Black Spot? Grow support needed! (excellent pictures provided)

Smokeyjoe

I had a thread last week about possibly having a rust issue.
I bought Serenade and have been treating for 5 days now a total of 2 treatments.
I have noticed that one of my prettiest plants has "Black Spots" or smears in one case depending on the shape of the lesion on the top of said leaf.
I got a hold of a better camera and maybe you can see what I am dealing with from these shots.

Top of one leaf.
problems_014.JPG

Bottom of same leaf, the other crap on the leaf is dirt we had a bit of an accident at photo time.
problems_012.JPG

Here is another example from an upper leaf, top side.
problems_011.JPG

Bottom of same leaf.
problems_018.JPG

problems_010.JPG

I am officially freaking out here, is this still a rust issue or was I misdiagnosing from the start? Other than these leaves the plant looks robust and very healthy but whatever it is is spreading around the plant.

This is the plant I have had flowering for the last 6 days, also the one I thought had given my girls the "Rust" issue although now I don't know if that is what it is.
The discoloration has become much more pronounced since switching to HPS.
in_flower_001.JPG

Here are a couple more from the same plant.
in_flower_006.JPG

in_flower_003.JPG

FFOF Soil
69-75 degree 35-40% RH
5 weeks Veg
Nutes: Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame according to soil feed schedule.
No pests other than pictured problem
3.85G pots

I really don't know what the deal is with either but I am looking for some advice ASAP! thanks

Re: Rust or Black Spot? Grow support needed!! (excellent pictures provided)

It looks like it could be necrosis. Root problems. I would flush well and then pickup some Miracid from your local hardware store. Add 1 tblsp per gallon and give it 2 weeks and see how they're doing. It looks like a minor issue so far.

Yeah I have looked at the chart it's on my favorites list lol.
Miracid huh? Isn't that just another fertilizer?

I was under the impression that the nutes I am using were way better than something from miracle grow?
I am willing to try it but am skeptical about just switching fertilizers unless miracid has something else going on that I missed.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Does grow support have any ideas for me to try while I am at it?

2 of the last 3 could be heat damage (lights too close):>) And some of the others could be water spot burns, do you add a drop or 2 of dish soap to mix when spraying? water beads act like little magnifiers burning small portions of leaf. and the a couple of other pics show leftover residue from spraying process, I don't worry about these. the rest I haven't seen before!>)

FFOF Soil
69-75 degree 35-40% RH
5 weeks Veg
Nutes: Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame according to soil feed schedule.
No pests other than pictured problem
3.85G pots

OK, Recently I too have been using FFOF mix instead of my own mix after many years. I got lazy. I too have had the same discolorations in the leaves.

1st) do not feed anything to FFOF for 20 days after planting.
2nd) Do not add any FF Tiger Bloom & FF Big Bloom togther, and do not add Open Sesame with any of the above you mentioned.
Use these seperately.

Remove any and all damaged leaves immediately. Scale Back Fertlizers applications. Rinse plants with H20 only. One time. Do not during this time " Foliar Feed" this increases the growths. Find some " SeaWeed" liquid Fertilizers " this contains 63 trace elements" and will help your plant adjust. Do not go gonzos with the Seaweed.

Get back on a Veg Feeding cycle of " Gro Big Only, then when plants are showing " Sex" go full bore on the Big Bloom, Budswel. Do not add any " N" only " massive "P" and a little "K" to your soils top.

2nd) Do not add any FF Tiger Bloom & FF Big Bloom togther, and do not add Open Sesame with any of the above you mentioned.
Use these seperately.

Do you mean like, NEVER EVER mix them together.??
Are you not supposed to mix FF-TB & FF-BB together EVER? Really?? SHIT :bongrip:

What about Beastie Bloom???
Do you have to mix this seperately?
can you explain a lil?

Thank you Cherma.
A couple plants have the stuff on pretty much every fan leaf, wont cutting them all off pretty much ruin the plants?
I already did it but I don't really care I would prefer to keep that crap off the other girls that aren't affected.
Will this add a massive amount of time to the grow?
Sorry so many questions.
I am trying to decide whether to clone the mother( she doesn't have the problems) and start over or take the time to try and nurse these back to health and this being my first grow in years I am at a loss.
What would you do Cherma, keep the butchered plants vegging or cut up mom and try again?

2nd) Do not add any FF Tiger Bloom & FF Big Bloom together, and do not add Open Sesame with any of the above you mentioned.
Use these seperately.

Do you mean do not mix them in the same bottle or do not feed them at the same time? :popcorn:

What about Beastie Bloom???
Do you have to mix this seperately?
can you explain a lil?

^

Well I will say the orange color is exactly the same color as rust fungal infections. I get that outside on some of our roses and have even spotted it on the undersides of clover leaves. It should be pretty easy to rule it out though. Rust will not grow in direct light. It exclusively exists on the undersides of leaves. It can also be rubbed off with your finger and tends to appear as spotted dots as the fungus grows from its connection point.

I don't think it is rust. You mentioned this happened after the HPS switch. So, how much more intense did the light get for the leaves? Did the light start off farther away and eased into position over a few days or did you just slam tender leaves under blasting, full light? In nature, plants do not move around so their environmental conditions like light concentrations do not suddenly rise or fall normally. Could just be too much environmental stress though that stress can leave the plant more suseptable to infections.

Back
Top Bottom