Rust is taking over my Plant what to do?

DJsmokeAlot

I need Help............my only female plant that I have is 3 weeks into budding and all of the leaves are starting to get little dots.....I woke up this morning and some of the leaves are starting to turn yellow.....Can I save my plant or will this grow go down the tube?

She is still growing though and there are about 15 bud sites. The plant is about 17inchs.

I agree with GS, if the plant is in flower, and has made it's "stretch" then it has probably used up all the availible Nitrogen in the soil. Feed with a nutrient high in Nitrogen and that should turn them around.

It's only 3 weeks into budding and "...all of the leaves are starting to get little dots.....I woke up this morning and some of the leaves are starting to turn yellow."

dots sounds like a mite infection...yellow leaves maybe malnutrition...or over watering.

Rust? Never.

My 2 cents.

Oh no its diffently rust.........not mites.....its a fungis thats spreading. Im about 3weeks into flowering..........How much more time. I believe I have skunk or haze?

What are you using for lights? Keep your temps up a bit and your humidity down, and keep the air moving well. These will help deter fungus I wouldn't spray your buds w/chemicals at this stage in your grow.

vintner said:
What are you using for lights? Keep your temps up a bit and your humidity down, and keep the air moving well. These will help deter fungus I wouldn't spray your buds w/chemicals at this stage in your grow.

I agree, a funguscide no matter how organic, is no good for your plants at this stage. Stagnent (still) air is usually the leading cause of fungus and molds.

If you have unaffected plants, as well as the ones with fungus, I would junk the infected ones IMMEDIATLY. Otherwise the fungus will spread like wildfire to your other healthy plants. Sterilize EVERYTHING and restart.

I posted a few natural remedies for rust on here. if you would do a search you would find them. But to save you from having to look around here is a repeat of the post.

rust explained.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rust, how many of you have had this and been beaten by it? lots i bet!!!
first, rust is a fungi. it is opportunist. it preys on unwell plants. if something is a miss, rust is a sign. rust has been identified to have 7,000 species. it attacks crops of every description. but we're only interested in one variety arn't we?
if rust is present early in a grow, you have problems as it's an indicator something in your room is a miss. usually ventilation. go through your system and double check things are in place and working properly.
rust is an air borne fungi. if given the opportunity, it WILL take hold. it usually does during flower as this is when the plants immune system is at its weakest as its energies are concentrating on re-production, not survival.
depending on what part of the grow you get it, you can cure/minimize it with either chemical or natural remedies.
it enters the leaf via the stomata and then it's off and running.
fungacides used are generally copper based and include; thriram, manzecob, maneb or zineb at 10 day intervills.
organic;
baking soda, 1 tea spoon/ quart of water. spray on.
copper sulphate, read lables.
fungacidal soap sprays;
garlic sprays, 1/2 cup minced garlic, 1 quart of water. let sit 24hrs, strain, spray.
sulphur, one of the best natural sprays. it is low in toxicity.
micro kill, a citric based killer. i use this with great success.

Hey I tried the baking soda and it didn't slow it down at all. I figure I'll put the fan a little closer to my closet to move the air around a bit and hope that my plant last another 4 weeks tops. I did however stop feeding her nutes allittle to soon so I figure that might also be whats happening......oh well I moved one of the healthy white widow plant down stairs the other is in the room with the mother. I no I fucked up but this little plant has to grow or I will have to start from scratch.....thats scary.

Hey check this out..............My one plant is doing fine as she is still suffering from a little rust problem however I've been budding for 30 days.....how much longer does it usually take. I still see alot of white hairs growing in and since I had that rust problem my bottom fan leaves have already fallin off. What do I do>

That's too bad bro, don't sweat it though. I did the same thing on my first grow, tasted and smelled like decomposing hay. At least it got me fucked up. I've been clipping small buds from my current grow and practicing my curing of the bud. I still got a few weeks left, but I really don't want to fuck up this crop, looks too delicious. I guess the best way to do it is through practice. Good luck dude.

Back
Top Bottom