Sabo's 2nd Grow Darkstar Project One Plant Only

Welcome Rado,

Sit next to the campfire with the rest of us! This is going to be a very informal get together & start passing that :passitleft: around to the rest of us! Puff, Puff, Pass!

Nice to have you!

:Namaste:

I see you are planning on 4 months of veg. It sounds like you are planning on growing a beast. How tall are you hoping she grows?

Are you planning on topping and training her?

I'd like to do a one plant grow in the future with tons of training.

:welcome: Graytail!

Yes, 4 months outdoor Veg! I'm going to be leaning on you heavily for some height control. My tent for flower is 8', but I don't want her that high! Max 48''.

Think we can do it? I can!

:high-five:

Yes, Calyx, that is exactly what we are up to here! A manageable & well trained beast. Okay, now I already know her name. "The Beast of the East"!

:cheer:

:welcome: Cronic,

:thanks: for stopping in and pull up a log & sit with the rest of us. This is going to be a laid back journal, with weekly pictorials. Hopefully, it will be an easy follow.

:welcome: Sweetleef!

:thanks: for coming over. This is going to be a long Veg, so I am going to do weekly pictorial updates with documentation. This is going to be a very relaxed atmosphere (Appalachian style), so pull up a log, get close to the fire and give Ole Sabo some good sound advice once in awhile. Oh, just remember, Sabo gathers information, ponders, decides and then puts it into action, so don't be shy, if it sounds good, Sabo will try it!

Welcome Josh223,

:thanks: for coming by!

I was planning on a regular 5 gallon container. Since this is going to be a long Veg (4 months), do you think I should consider looking into Smartpots or Airpots or going up to a 7 gallon container? That is a great question! Your input will be greatly appreciated!

That is a great suggestion. A fabric pot of some kind would totally be beneficial. I used 7 gallon SmartPots on my last grow but this time I am going with 5 gallon Aurora or some other brand fabric pot that was way cheaper. I'd maybe go with the 10 gallon if I were doing a Beast.

Is your grow space about 4x4 by chance?

I try my best to maintain mother plants. They eventually end up in 5 gallon buckets. They always end up getting root bound and that is in less than the 5 1/2 months you are looking at.

I've recently been switching to #7 (seven gallon) Smart Pots. So far so good. In your situation I would go with a 10 gallon Smart Pot. Only problem is that they get hard to move around. But they will be kinder on your roots in the summer heat. Happy roots mean happy buds.

Just my two cents and all.

Thank you for the +++Reps

Calyx,

Yes that was indeed a great question from Josh223! I am looking at smartpots & airpots right now. I have never used them, but I now understand the concept & principle of the pots. Isn't the Net great, already watched 2 videos!

Yes, I am going to use one of these pots. If you're going to do something, then do it right from the beginning. Now I just have to decide, 5 gallon or 10???? I am going to try and keep her around 4' in total height through training.

My tent is 5 x 8' and I'll have no problem fitting her in.

In your situation I would go with a 10 gallon Smart Pot. Only problem is that they get hard to move around. But they will be kinder on your roots in the summer heat. Happy roots mean happy buds.

10 gallon Smart Pot it is, I can have someone help me move it, when the time comes!

:welcome: Insanerooster!

Thank you for accepting, I know I am going to put your monster skills to use. I think she may end up being a pretty big girl! She has been named already "The Beast of the East". so pull up a log, because we all sit by the campfire & :passitleft:. We all know what type of harvest you had with that lovely Sativa that you grew, so bring a jar or two of those cured nugs when they are ready!

:thanks:

If you keep the pot on a board with caster rollers you move it without having to lift. If you do have to lift it you and a buddy can lift the board and not jack up the soil and established root structure.

Back
Top Bottom