Sativa recommendations, please!

ShutUpDonny

Hey all,

I'm looking for some recommendations for any Sativa strains you think would be fit for a small indoor grow (small as in 3x3x6 tent). As I understand it (I don't smoke, but I want to grow some for my gf), Sativas usually feature more energetic highs than Indicas, and that's what I'm shooting for. Also, from what I read Sativas are generally more difficult to grow indoors as they tend to stretch, are pickier about nutes, and just tend to produce less weight. This is all okay with me, but a more user-friendly strain would be preferable as long as the meds are still potent.

Anyway, if this brings anything to mind please let me know what it's called and if possible where to order the seeds from. Oh yeah, and let me know if I should move this request elsewhere...

Thanks for humoring me,
>D

Yes she does, as a matter of fact. She was in India a few years ago, where she got smacked by acute mountain sickness and flown to a hospital. I guess some of the drugs they gave her made her susceptible to a virus which took up residence in her stomach lining. She's become basically allergic to anything with casein in it (any kind of animal milk), and is frequently nauseous and often actually ill. Pretty lame stuff, though mj definitely seems to help calm her symptoms. Since she works full time+, any strains which are "uppier" are what she'd like. And since I don't smoke I don't really have any experience to fall back on. Is that what Kali Mist is all about?

Thanks for getting back to me in any case - much appreciated!

Well here's the options I've come up with so far.

Barney's Farm - Tangerine Dream
Positronics - Claustrum
Cali Connection - Pre-98 Bubba BX2
Barney's Farm - G13 Haze
Dinafem - Royal Haze

As well as some African strains from the guys at the Tropical Seed Co. in the Canary Islands (those lucky bums!).

I haven't been able to find any Kali Mist though. Any pointers on where to look? Any critiques on any of the above?

Thanks!

I haven't been able to find any Kali Mist though. Any pointers on where to look?

Any breeder that carries Serious Seeds stock should have it.

Some Mexican sativas are decent. You might even find a keeper from growing out a few seeds from a sack of Mexibrick (it'll almost certainly be better than the herb it came from).

Speaking of Mexican sativas, Nirvana Shop has Eldorado, from the Oaxaca region of Mexico, and Royal Flush, F1 hybrid of Jock Horror and Eldorado. They are both a sponsor and member here and they have a discount for members that is good through the end of the month. They also have a couple of package deals. One is called Sterling Silver which consists of Sterling Haze feminized, Royal Flush feminized, and their Ultimate Grow Kit. The other is called Sunny Side which consists of Eldorado feminized, Jock Horror feminized, and their Ultimate Grow Kit. Their thread about the discount is in the sponsor's forum. Their prices are great even before the discount, their staff is friendly, and their thread about the discount is here:
Nirvana Shop 420 Discount + More Special Offers!

Thanks TS - sorry for the delay. I got sidetracked for a few days but now I'm on the case again. I appreciate all the specific help, and can't wait to take advantage of it.

Look into C-99 by Female Seeds. A good mood elevator and energetic stain, potent and one of the fastest flowering sativa strains. At 55-60 DAYS.

I've heard bad things about Tangerine Dream - not saying you shouldn't buy it, just do some googling first.

Never grown a sativa myself, but i'll start a Dr. Grinspoon (Barneys Farm) in about a month, if i can find a seed supplier :) You'll be able to find a finished grow journal on it in about 5-6 months, if all goes well :) This thing is supposed to take 100 days to flower, but i think i'm gonna go for it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom