SCROG? and Damn Flies! Help please

Fishhhh

Hi all

Currently attempting my first SCROG grow , and im looking for a little advice on what to do next. My plants are just popping through my screen. Iv just switched onto 12 hours on and 12 hours off.

I know that SCROG is basically training the plants , but im a little unsure on what exactly to do now.

Do i just spread the tops of the plant out underneath the screen , making it more of a field than a forrest, or do i wait for them to pop out a little more , then bend them back under.

I have attached two pictures so you can kind of see where i am.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

As for the flies , it looks like there little fruit flies? And where there were a few , now theres quite alot.

Whats best to get rid of these and prevent them coming back? A few people have said to put a layer of sand on top of the soil?? Is there a specific type of sand to use or not to use. the last thing i want to do is kill my babies :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bend the tops so they stay under. let little ones go above a few inches, then bend them back under. It's a daily chore when they are growing well. You'll need to keep an eye where you direct them also. Else you end up having three or four fast growing branches heading to the same spot.

Several ways to deal with flies. Search this section for gnats and flies.

Ok so i have just been reading up on it all , and have bought myself some sticky yellow fly paper. That should erradicate the adults. Now as for the larvae , there seems to be a lot of options when it comes to placing a layer over my soil. What is best?? The last thing i want to do is use something thats gonna damage my babies. Some people say sand , is there a specific sand to use? And others are saying Perlite. Whats best people??

Im in the UK , so some of the things people are recommending doesnt seem to be available over here.

Thanks in advance :)

Diatomaceous earth, quick google search came up with plenty of places in the UK. It wont hurt anything in your grow room. Its made from silica which is what sand, glass and many other things are made of, its also in food. It is a much finer form of sand and it works.

Back
Top Bottom