Scrogging

OlderStoner

I have done scrog in the past but tonight I watched some youtube videos on the subject. Here is one thing I can say about youtube videos which I complain about constantly. The people running the camera keep thinking that I'll show this, then that, then this, then that and the pan and move the camera around so fast you can't see or focus on the details. I hate that. The other thing is what my main question is about. I saw videos which had some plants which were already like trees, I mean main stems which had turned to wood and were as big as two fingers in diameter. But the author is acting like this is only 3 weeks into the grow.

So I'm topping, FIM'ing all this BS when all I want to do is make sure it's a female before I spend all the time and effort. So I'm cloning and will keep cloning until the mother plants are sexed and I can know which ones to get rid of if any males show up. These plants are white widow feminized so I'm hoping it will be females and heaven forbid, not hermie on me. I will make the toppings where I think best to get lots of veg growth and then start weaving the growth through the screen.

Can anyone offer some more tips on this subject and I mean a nicely done, honest set of facts without all the BS that I'm seeing on these youtube videos?

Wassup OldStoner, I'm surprised nobody has responded to you. I've incorporated Topping, Cropping, LST and SCROG in my grow which is going well. It sounds like you're growing from feminized seeds so you should have females unless there was a crazy amount of stress. Check out peoples journals on here and gather tips and tricks you see that will work for you. I also suggest starting a journal of your own with pictures and people will be very helpful here.
Here's some quick advice:
Cannabis will naturally want to grow like a christmas tree.
Topping helps keep the plant lower and bushier. This is the first step to making your plant fill out your grow space.
LST or Low Stress Training takes the branches and growths and directs them where you want.
SCROG or Screen of Green uses a trellis to grid out the canopy allowing you to space tops evenly for a canopy of buds.

Check out my grow journal, link in signature
I hope this helps and you are already on your way to a beautiful SCROG

Ok, so if you have the screen, put it on when you're plants are 5-6 weeks old. If you FIMMed or topped before, you already have a decent branching. Then let the screen fill slowly. To do it, just try to keep the canopy under the screen untill you have at least 8-10 bud sites, but you can go to 20 or even 30 easily. I actually saw it in many grows, It really depends on you, how long you're gonna let your plant grow under. Remember, the more bud sites you have, the more colas you're gonna have in flowering stage. When you decide it's time, just let them grow over the screen and flip to 12/12. It's really much easier than it seems and the yield can be huge with the right lamps... but you can also do it outdoor like me :)

That was my first take on SCROG and I was really satisfied with it :hookah:

afghan_22.JPG

Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom