Second time growing need advice!

hrlydvdsn77

Hey guys, so my first time growing was successful and was grown outside in summer/autumn (Adelaide/Australia). This time I germinated my seeds in May which is only 1 month away from winter. This means that they will only be getting 10-12 hours of daylight a day during the vegetative stage. So my question is, if every night I aim a floodlight onto them for 5 or so hours every night, will it be enough to trick the plants into thinking it's still daytime?
Thanks for any advice!
Harley

Hey guys, so my first time growing was successful and was grown outside in summer/autumn (Adelaide/Australia). This time I germinated my seeds in May which is only 1 month away from winter. This means that they will only be getting 10-12 hours of daylight a day during the vegetative stage. So my question is, if every night I aim a floodlight onto them for 5 or so hours every night, will it be enough to trick the plants into thinking it's still daytime?
Thanks for any advice!
Harley
In theory even a flash of red light would be enough to stop them from moving to flower stage or returning them to veg.knowing that more than 1 lux light intensity stops plants from flowering, i personally use a 60w bulb and leave it on all night long(you can use a light sensor placed elsewhere to switch it on and off automaticaly)
Ive seen growers passing a strong flash over their plants twice a night and getting the result too.
Keep in mind that changing from flower to veg takes place immediately but you will only see the effect in some days.
And as the day period is not long enough, you have to keep them in veg state abit longer than normal to get the desire growth.
Hope i was of some help.
Good luck bro :)

Back
Top Bottom