Seed developement in late flower stage

go4snypr

Ok, I have been diligent in getting the male plants out of our bud room (i may have even tossed a couple "females" that were not showing pistils) but I can see that a few buds do have seeds in them. I cannot tell if its the whole plant or just a couple of buds. Should I be worried that the whole crop will have seeds or is it possible it is just a couple of plants?? I have only seen one "nanner" the whole time and I picked that off a couple of weeks ago. Is pollination the only way to get seeds, or will a plant develop seeds without being pollinated?? (yeah, i know, thats a dumb question, just looking for moral support. lol)

Feminized seeds are more prone to hermie problems if grow enviroment is stressful to the plants... lots of things can trigger that tho.

Regular seeds can also hermie but suffer less with the problem... normally may happen mid to late flowering !

Sometimes its a plant defence mechinism to produce seeds, its a survival thing to reproduce.

I would suggest once the grow is complete, wipe down entire grow area with a diluted solution of bleach to remove any pollen fromt he grow area.

P.s even tho i've grown clones from a regular seed mother plant & from time to time i do get the odd few seeds occur on 1 or 2 plants.

Thanks for the info, I won't stress about it untill after the first wave of plants comes off and I can tell how many seeds were produced. None of my plants were feminized as it was all bag seeds that was used. With any luck, its only a couple of plants and a couple of seeds.

Make sure, before you begin, that it is not just a seed casing or pod that instead of producing seeds are producing resins. I've found that sometimes that happens, not always, but sometimes. Kind of like a fake pregnancy, the body or plant "thinks" it has been fertilized so produces the appearance but really isn't. Like I said, it doesn't always happen, but sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom