How to Proceed With Hermie During Late Flowering?

ConstantGreen

I have one lady in my tent that has produced several seeds during the 8th week of flowering. If a seed takes about 3 weeks to mature, then I guess the plant must have hermied about 3-4 weeks ago.

I'm confused about the different types of hermaphrodites tho. I haven't seen any male flowers, but if one did burst, wouldn't I be seeing seeds on every plant around this same time? I haven't seen any signs of seeds on the others. Is it possible that this plant has pollinated just itself without risk of pollinating the others in the tent?

And is it true that once a plant starts producing seeds it completely stops resin and flower production? I feel like this plant's trichomes are still maturing and the buds are well developed.

I want to continue flowering for 2 more weeks, but I can't decide whether to remove the hermie plant to not risk the others, or let it finish to at least get fully developed seeds from it.

IMG_242814.JPG
IMG_247027.JPG
seed3.png

If you can stop the reason for hermi and it wasn't a drastic one (like too hot because the flowers grew up too fast into the light) then after some time the plant will stop doing it and all will be fine. It will continue to build flowers again and pack on the good stuff. If you don't know why and/or haven't fixed the problem then things should be getting progressively worse and before you know it the whole tent is screwed. So likely this is not the case.

It is true locally on that flower it will dedicate itself to the seed maturation but the rest of the plant wont because those flowers are still looking for pollen.

So if you fixed the problem and it was a simple one and you caught it early enough then you may be able to make it through without issue.

If it is that one in the corner it looks like you burned the crap out of it. If it was simply heat/light stress and you backed off the light and placed her of to the side next to the air filter to suck up the pollen you may be just fine. Just inspect it regularly and pluck any nanners or male pods you find. If you paced it next to the fan then you may be asking for trouble.

Ever wonder where bag seed comes from? :thedoubletake:

fingers crossed!!!

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom