Seed germination help

that420guy

So i was trying to germinate some bagseed and its been 3 days and no taproots have come out. should i keep waiting or try from a newer batch of seeds from my last oz?

Bag seed takes a lot longer from my experience with it. I have had up to 10 bagseeds and only one sprout. My advice is buy a jiffy green house kit and put your seeds in the soil. I am still a newb though might want to wait for a more experienced member to let you know if I'm wrong. Advice given to me was wait two weeks then junk them if no sprout for germination.

What germination method are you using?

So i was trying to germinate some bagseed and its been 3 days and no taproots have come out. should i keep waiting or try from a newer batch of seeds from my last oz?

How are u germing? Did u soak ur seeds in water placed in a dark place for 24 hours the 1st day? Do you have a heat mat or a fairly warm surface to place ur germinating seeds on? I sometimes rub the outside of the seeds with fine sandpaper. Next I soak for a day. Then I place a wet paper towel on a plate, place the seeds on top of the paper towel, fold the wet paper towel over the top of seeds (making sure its in contact with seeds on top & bottom), cover with another plate and place on a heat mat. Within 7-14 days they are ready to transplant. Some seeds open within a few days. This is what works for me. Other growers may do it differently. Three days is really no time, give another week. Good luck.

i used the paper towel method i moved them to my friends greenhouse today, and upon better inspection with a magnifier i saw the shells was cracked open and the tap root trying to get out.

Back
Top Bottom