Seed Germination - Propagation Setup Advice Needed

Catwhisperer

420 Member
Hi All,
Im trying to make a small DWC setup for my plants first weeks then transplant them in to my ebb&flow system. I built something that i think would work ,but i would like to hear opinions and comments on it also I have a few querstions.

So lets have a look at my thing:
Basically its a modificated propagator. To be exact a modification of this:
2846_1.jpg

I placed a piece of styropor in the middle where i made four holes and placed net pots inside ,and by that I mean this: (from above)
1_midtop.JPG

(from below)
2_midbot.JPG

In the reservoir I have an airpump and an airstone :
3_airpump.JPG

Thats all about the thing ,and the thing looks like this:
4_finish.JPG

The next thing would be me putting some PH adjusted water with mild nuts solution in to the reservoir. Plug in the air pump and place these ladys:

5_ladys.JPG

with some clay pebbles under a 54W Roleadro LED Grow light in my closet.

What I don't know is:
-Will this work?
-Did I miss something?
-How far should a 54W COB LED be from the babys?
-Should the water touch the base of the netpot & with that the rockwool ,or should i moisten the rockwool till the roots find their way to the water in reservoir?
-In the reservoir ill have about 2 inches of water, the air stone is 0,8 inch high ,will that be good to fill the water with oxygen? By the way the air pump is made for 400 liters fish tanks ,this is about 5-10 liters ,im planing to oxyidaze two of these reservoirs with one pump.
And last question:
Should I have posted all this to the Hydroponics forum or am i right here? :)

Thanks in advance for all your help ,and if i missed some important information please tell me.

Back
Top Bottom