My water reservoir fails after short time 3-4 days: Please help!

Fietchen

I have no Idea what i do wrong but my Water Reservoir always fail after 3-4 day's.

My Reservoir Tank are a 50 Liter Tank with a 300l/hour pump for move the Water and a Air Pump for getting Oxygen to the Water and i add 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to it 3ml/liter every 5 Day's.

My Nutrients was bevore Canna Coco A&B but i thought it is not the right one so i switch Back to "General Hydroponics" bough a Bottle of Bloom GHE extra for checking out what the Main problem is. GHE is a proven Hydroponics Fertilizers so i make a new Reservoir of 30 Liter Yesterday and add 3ml / liter so 60 Liter H2O2 to it and today the water looks like this and i found some slimy Spots on my Water Pump very small but they will growth. I put the Air stone next to the Pump for suckling in the Oxygen Water i don't know if this Helps.

This is how it looks today its looks litte Milky and yesterday the Water was more Red from the GHE today its clean i don't know

IMG_20230128_103337.jpg

IMG_20230129_164251.jpg

I have no Idea what i do wrong but my Water Reservoir always fail after 3-4 day's.

My Reservoir Tank are a 50 Liter Tank with a 300l/hour pump for move the Water and a Air Pump for getting Oxygen to the Water and i add 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to it 3ml/liter every 5 Day's.

My Nutrients was bevore Canna Coco A&B but i thought it is not the right one so i switch Back to "General Hydroponics" bough a Bottle of Bloom GHE extra for checking out what the Main problem is. GHE is a proven Hydroponics Fertilizers so i make a new Reservoir of 30 Liter Yesterday and add 3ml / liter so 60 Liter H2O2 to it and today the water looks like this and i found some slimy Spots on my Water Pump very small but they will growth. I put the Air stone next to the Pump for suckling in the Oxygen Water i don't know if this Helps.

This is how it looks today its looks litte Milky and yesterday the Water was more Red from the GHE today its clean i don't know

IMG_20230128_103337.jpg

IMG_20230129_164251.jpg
HI, In my res. I have an aquarium UV LIGHT AND I NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH BACTERIA...JUST A THOUGHT...GOOD LUCK.

It needs to stay dark in there. As dark as you can make it as much as possible. I'm using GH now and couldn't be happier. How ever many gallons or liters is in your res, knock off a few when you figure your mix... I fill 20 gallons in my res... Then I only mix it up like it was 15 gallons (Early in the grow). Later into a grow I generally fill with 25 gallons and figure at 22 for the mix. Always PH your water first then start with adding your MICRO, when you mix, then add grow and add bloom last. I know Grow is listed first on the chart but start with Micro. You may need to paint the Outside of your box black if light is getting in, doesn't take a lot of light to ruin a batch of solution.

The color of my solution for me is close to your's - - Mine might be a little more of a red shade - but I am not getting any the slime you describe.

It needs to stay dark in there. As dark as you can make it as much as possible. I'm using GH now and couldn't be happier. How ever many gallons or liters is in your res, knock off a few when you figure your mix... I fill 20 gallons in my res... Then I only mix it up like it was 15 gallons (Early in the grow). Later into a grow I generally fill with 25 gallons and figure at 22 for the mix. Always PH your water first then start with adding your MICRO, when you mix, then add grow and add bloom last. I know Grow is listed first on the chart but start with Micro. You may need to paint the Outside of your box black if light is getting in, doesn't take a lot of light to ruin a batch of solution.

The nutes change the PH why adding pH first not at the end?

The color of my solution for me is close to your's - - Mine might be a little more of a red shade - but I am not getting any the slime you describe.

The slime was just a very litte on the pump not inside the water. I belive the solution is OK not stinky ore so tomorrow i add H2O2 every 3 day's i will give more then 3ml/l maybe 5ml/l

my airstones always stayed clear. what is the strength of the h202 you are using ? if it's pharmacy strength - 3%- it won't be doing much. for hydro i used 27 - 30%.

i used to run 25ml/L at 3%. 500ml bottle would do 20L.

i think 10 - 15ml is the minimum recommended. if your water temps are lower you can get away with less. i ran 25ml without a chiller.

i used to run 25ml/L at 3%. 500ml bottle would do 20L.

i think 10 - 15ml is the minimum recommended. if your water temps are lower you can get away with less. i ran 25ml without a chiller.

Wow that does not kill the root this high strength? Wow.. But so much will empty the bottle quick but you mean with higher temps that's a good point. My temps 19-20 celsius. I will double the 3% from 3ml to 6ml and see what happens i have also a air pump in it for extra osygen.

How often every 5 days 10-15 3% ml?

i might have got you turned around, everyone is always bouncing from L to gal here. americans don't like to measure anything with accuracy ...

should read 10-15ml/gal. works out to 2.5 - 3.5ml/L
if you use 27-35% h202 it's 2 - 3ml/gal for the same strength.

if the system was getting slime or i needed to deal with root rot i used the whole 500ml 3% bottle in 5gal.

i usually replaced the res once a wk. i added to it every day or every other day. only added the h202 once or twice a week. found once a wk was mostly all i needed, you may have to use it more often.

Wow that does not kill the root this high strength?

h202 breaks down into water and oxygen completely within 24hrs. it does not stay active very long.

But so much will empty the bottle quick

that's why most guys use the higher strength stuff meant for hydroponics. a 500ml of 3% bottle would last maybe 2 - 3 wks. pharmacy peroxide is also not the same. it has stabilizers and other additives that don't always play well in hydro and is notoriously inconsistent.

but you mean with higher temps that's a good point. My temps 19-20 celsius.

20 isn't bad, it's at the higher end but not unmanageable. things play a bit better a degree or two lower.

I will double the 3% from 3ml to 6ml and see what happens i have also a air pump in it for extra osygen.

maybe go up by 1ml increments and see how it plays. you need piles of air. you want the bucket the plant is in to look like it is boiling. remember that airstones will pump heat into the water as well as air.

Back
Top Bottom