Seed in overly wet medium for 1.5 days. Help!

danksalot

Hey guys,

So I'm using rapidrooter plugs to germ/sprout some seeds.

The problem is, the plugs were too wet since I left water in the RR tray. Been like this for 1.5 days.

I just emptied the tray and am letting the medium dry out. Are the seeds okay or did they likely rot??

Please note I did not germ the seeds before planting them in medium. Just soaked them in water.

Thanks for the assurances, dudes. This is my first time germinating.. used clones in my past grow..I blew like $60 on these seeds so I want them to turn out well.

Calm down, ok we got rid of the excess water. Did you PH the water you soaked the plugs in. These are the thing's we wanna know. What is the source and PPM of your water. Tell us more. :Namaste:

Used Aquafina water because apparently most tap water has traces of chlorine in it.
PH tested it and it turned out to be about 6.0

Calm down, ok we got rid of the excess water. Did you PH the water you soaked the plugs in. These are the thing's we wanna know. What is the source and PPM of your water. Tell us more. :Namaste:

Alright guys.. a bit of an update.

4/5 of the seeds have popped up and are now happy & healthy sproutlings (4th-5th day they popped)

I decided to dig up the seed that was showing little progress (no root, no sprout) with some tweezers.

When I pulled it out of the plug, it wasn't anchored or anything, but a little tap root was just starting to poke out of the seed.

Here's the problem..I was too rough with the tweezers and I slightly crushed the thing..the seed integrity is still good but there's a small crack in the shell..I'm just worried the actual seedling part may have been damanged.

What do you guys think?

Well you can toss it, or you can wait a little longer and see if it sprouts, I reckon it may still be ok.
Sometimes the ones with the roughest start can end up being the best plants, sometimes they're not.
Congratulations on the 4 outa 5 so far, at least you're in business.
Cheers n Peace

Back
Top Bottom