5 day old seedling problems

Medicationist

I germinated my seeds for about 70 hours and had about half an inch to an inch of root coming out so I placed them in my rapid rooter with ph 5.8 water and pre soaked the plugs. The next day all of my seeds popped out of the top of the RR, however one seed still had the capsule attached at the top. Yesterday my local hydro store said to just leave it, and this morning I woke up to the seed cap about 1/4" to 1/2" above the surface and it was starting to lean. Called my hydro store again and the said carefully peel off the shell to expose the green leaves (it had a root sticking out of the bottom of the RR or he would have had me carefully reset the sprout deeper in the RR. Also, I only have a couple millimeters of water that spills into each RR pod, but all of the plugs were completely water logged this morning. I ended up squeezing out the excess water, but now I am paranoid I crushed the roots. Any ideas if its going okay, or anything I need to change? Attached is the worst looking flower droop which I think is from the overwatering along with the best looking flower, and the other picture is the flower that I removed the seed cap from.

Thanks Wiz. I was taking your advice leaving the cap on but I was impatient since all the rest had their two leaves already... that and this morning it looked liked the capsule was making the stem slump over to the side (this was before the pic was taken).

Back
Top Bottom