Plugger's Hydro #01

03/05 @ 0039 The remaining 2 plants are growing good. I am continuing to adjust my LST and just letting things go another day in veg. This should be about day 33-34(01/30/2019) for both plants from real first leaf set.
blue b2
blue b3
tent/res

03/06 @ 1139 The remaining 2 plants are growing good. blue b2 the larger is about 8-9 inches tall at it's tallest. So that means it is time to put the ScrOG net in since I was planning to hang it @ approx 8". I am also going to do some trimming when I put the net in.
blue b2
blue b3
Tent/res

It is 20 mins before lights on.
Tent 63.7 F @ 38%, res 64.1 F

It is funny one of my big concerns was plant height. ATM I think the tall part of blue b2 is 9" maybe. The growth back center. And that is the tallest thing in the tent.
In the next few days I will start taking a look to see if I can sex these 2 plants. If I get a male I won't be able to get it out of the tote entact. I was thinking about what to do. I would not mind making some seeds.

If you find a male, cut it at the base of the stalk as soon as possible and remove it. If you don’t, all of your buds will be FILLED with seeds. It’s kind of one way or the other. If they’re all males you can let them grow out and collect some pollen in a zip lock. Then you can use a small paint brush and dust a single bud of a female plant and get seeds that way. I have done this multiple times in the past and still have pollen for the future! Here’s hoping for all females so none of this matters lol. Looking good my friend! Good work.

Thanks, am thinking I will stay in veg until Saturday. Then make a choice about staying in veg longer or starting the transition to flower. It all depends on what I think of the ScrOG, if things still look to be expanding I might veg longer. But then you do ScrOG for a week or 2 in Flower anyway I think. We will see how things look.
The res is down about 1 1/2" so I have treated water sitting here. I am going to pull a gallon out then top the res off.
This res re charge will be using weaker side veg nutes. Before when I measured I rounded up thinking a little extra of the nutrient Trio would be good (I thought). Now I am rounding down ;)
Next few days will be fun. Lots will change with the SroOG net, trimming, tucking and such. Been thinking and waiting for this period ;).

03/07 @ 0104 OK, did some pre ScrOG trimming just to see where I was at. Wonder if I over did it but it is still growing ;)
blue b2
blue b3
I am thinking I should be able to sex these in the next few days. blue b2 looks to have 8 potential tops, blue b3 looks to have 9 potential tops

OK plants doing good after my last pre ScrOG trim. Finally, did a tent re organization, big items
  • Swapped out the clogged carbon filter with my spare, so I can hook it back up to my exhaust. It has been disconnected for a few days since I found it clogged. And I will need it in flower.
  • Moved the exhaust duct from the side opening to one of the top openings.
  • Added an extra fan and utility light so now there are 2 of each.
  • Moved the air pump outside of the tent.
  • Rotated the res 180 degrees to get the unused side more accessable and the center the 2 plant stems on tent/light center to prep for the ScrOG net.
Tent
blue b2
blue b3
Interesting both of these plants are supposed to be cks blueberry but they look so different ;)

res

OK, everything is all set for the ScrOG net, I have the net made and all the hardware to hang it ready and the tent is ready. I am planning on adding the ScrOG net later tonight or tomorrow. Then I am going to do a full res change with veg nutes and ScrOG and veg in to this next week.
If I can resist I will wait until next Saturday to do the transition to flower.

03/09 @ 0131 Put the ScrOG net in the tent, I just need to lower it in to place and get started. Hope my back holds up ;)17427841742785

03/10 @ 1205 Loaded the res with Transition week nutes last night. Lowered the net 2-3 inches so the top should be around 6-7 inches a little lower than I was thinking but that puts it right at the height of the short plant. So the taller plant now has several tops poked through the net.
scrog
going to veg a few more days and see how the tucking and such develops. I am going to do another trim on the larger plant in the next day or so to clean things out. Also should be able to sex these in the next few days.

Now we will see if I end up with a ScrOG or a net with tops poked through ;)

03/10 @ 2130 Did a fairly aggressive defoliation as a pre ScrOG clean up. We will see how that works out.
blue b2(picture left) has all but 1 or 2 tops through the net.
blue b3(picture right) has 3 of the tops at the net and 5 or 6 hopefully on their way up ;)

So here are the before and after pictures ;)
Before
After
so now it is on to grow, grow, grow, tucking, tucking, tucking ;)

03/11 @ 1800 Am starting the ScrOG process and I wonder about
  • how stiff my stems are. I wonder how the tucking will go in the future?
  • I defoliated with an eye on fans leaves blocking light to the growth below and I may have taken to many/wrong fans leaves. I wonder if I trimmed to much?

Over all things are trimmed down. If I get the new growth below, the current tops are growing good, with growth I think this is a non issue maybe. Stem stiffness/ScrOG will play out as it plays out. Time will tell. This is a learning experience ;)
I have also started considering a longer veg/ScrOG time. I was thinking I would switch to flower by Saturday, but now maybe not. We will see how patient I can be ;)

OK have an idea about the ScrOG tucking. With the 8 main tops I will use the under wire hooks to ease things the direction I want. I took them all out because, I was thinking I would just be bending to the next square. I think I will need the under hooks to do that to the stiff main top stems.

OK did some LST and some attempted tucking attemps last night. The main stems are very woody and stiff. I saw that there is a split developing on the top of the large plant (picture below left) right in the top stem center manifold area.
The plant is not showing any drooping, etc and it has been 24 hours so I think things are OK going forward. I just will not be able to do any more manipulation of those 2 stems.
When it comes to ScrOG I may have missed the boat with the large plant. But I do have it spread and will continue to try with the stems I can and see how the under growth comes up maybe I can tuck that easier. The smaller plant just needs time to get up to the net.
Also, my net is to low (approx 6-7") getting under it is a pain. Interesting I was worried about height, my plants are just so short ;) lol
Next grow will probably be monsters ;) lol

I will get pictures later today or tomorrow, atm I am just in veg and grow mode LST and tucking where I can.
Ah do have a picture from last night

Just peeked in to the tent. The plants look and are growing well. I believe I see several more secondary tops coming up on blue b2 (left plant in picture below). I will see how tucking the new growth works. Also need to trim a few fan leaves.
Looks like my split stem (left plant) is OK so I will just leave those 2 stems alone.
The split is between
  • back 4 tops, 3rd top from the left,
  • front 4 tops, 2nd top from the left
these 2 stems make up the top of the main stem manifold

Checked on the plants, added more underwires back in to help adj the woody main top stems. Did general expanding and clearing the lower areas so they get light. Lots of under growth. A few new tops coming up
Tried to put a wire support on the split (blue b2 picture left) in the manifold top and left those 2 stems alone. The split is bad but the 2 stems still look OK. I can kinda see it now since I have expanded things to provide more light in I will get a picture next time just for reference.
I did take a quick look for pre flowers but did not see anything definitive on either plant.
The new tops coming up are/will be easy to tuck when needed.
LST/ScrOG(kinda)

03/15 @ 1332 Checked the 2 plants and they are growing and looking good. did a little bending and tucked 1 stem.
Did take a quick look for sex but still nothing definitive.
scrognet_adj_20190315b.JPG

One thing I do feel at this point is, I started my LST and trimming to late in the process. The main 8 stems are to stiff to really do much more with. So I will need to make some changes related to LST in my next grow.

Also this grow has turned out to be very height challenged, I expect my next grow will be giants ;) lol

Back
Top Bottom