Seed on one of my female plants: how?

Gangamane

So I was inspecting trichomes on the girls today.. and I pulled out the pbb and everything was going good. And then something popped up it was a fucking seed..none of the other girls have it no males in the tent. So I'm really confused on how this happened. She has been under the same conditions as all the other ones. Same lights everything so what could have caused this.. please help

just 1 seed?

it happens,

several, it can still happen, lol..

she seeded herself, part of nature if you let her go to long

You could of had a nanner or stray male flower and didn't notice it, or it could be a non-viable seed that the plant just put out. A couple seeds won't hurt anything, won't hurt your yield, won't hurt potency. Now, if it was many seeds then it would have an effect. Give you plants a good once over to make sure there's no male parts.

You could of had a nanner or stray male flower and didn't notice it, or it could be a non-viable seed that the plant just put out. A couple seeds won't hurt anything, won't hurt your yield, won't hurt potency. Now, if it was many seeds then it would have an effect. Give you plants a good once over to make sure there's no male parts.
Phytoplankton we just did that and saw no male parts. All of these girls were clones I got from Detroit Michigan. Like I said the pbb was the ONLY one that had seeds.. is it possible that the clone came from a hermie? Should I pull here 3 weeks early? Is it possible she could still pollinate the other girls?

Ye it happens !

Basically involves the genetics of said plant & towards any clones taken from this plant which will display any inherited problems !

Phytoplankton we just did that and saw no male parts. All of these girls were clones I got from Detroit Michigan. Like I said the pbb was the ONLY one that had seeds.. is it possible that the clone came from a hermie? Should I pull here 3 weeks early? Is it possible she could still pollinate the other girls?
Well, if you didn't find any male flowers, then the deed is already done (if there was a deed). If you didn't find male flowers, then apparently you have no hermies. No need to pull early. Are the seeds viable?, i.e., if you squish one is it empty or is there "meat" in there? Plants do occasionally put out non-viable seeds. Don't stress, a couple seeds won't hurt anything.

Well, if you didn't find any male flowers, then the deed is already done (if there was a deed). If you didn't find male flowers, then apparently you have no hermies. No need to pull early. Are the seeds viable?, i.e., if you squish one is it empty or is there "meat" in there? Plants do occasionally put out non-viable seeds. Don't stress, a couple seeds won't hurt anything.
No they were empty green seed sacks

No they were empty green seed sacks
Now I'm confused, where there seeds or not? How about a picture.

Did they look like this?

images.jpg

or this?
download.jpg

If yes, then those are called calyxes, that's what you want. If pollinated, seeds will form inside calyxes!

Yep, those are immature seeds, so you must of had a nanner, or some stray pollen in there at one point. Nanners can be tough to spot, sometimes they're nearly embedded in the bud. Nothing can be done, a few seeds won't affect things much.
If that one plant has them does that mean all of them may have it

If that one plant has them does that mean all of them may have it
It depend on how widespread the pollen was disseminated, with nanners it's normally pretty localized to a couple buds, but not always, pretty much a wait and see game. The fact that there's not a lot of seeds makes me think it was mostly female, with just a few nanners/male flowers.
There has been no males plant in the tent. Or could I be genetics with the pbb
Unless there was immaculate conception, there WAS/IS male pollen in the tent. My guess is there is/was a hermie hiding in there somewhere, they can be pretty sneaky, hermies run the gamut from only a couple male parts, to mostly male parts. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean that it didn't happen, because you have the evidence (seeds).

Getting a random seed may be a blessing, but having your whole grow seeded is a curse. I had a plant herm on my 3rd grow and I never saw it. I ended up with seeds on 1/4 - 1/3 of the buds, the rest were fine. It all depends on where the pollen came from and how far it was spread. The bud still smokes fine, you just need to pull the seeds out first ;) Live and learn, I no longer use cheap genetics (420).

Back
Top Bottom