Seed question

daveclark

So I have completed my 2018 grow of one WW and five NL, both autos, and am enjoying the fruit of my labors. While working through the produce from one of my NL plants, I have found a few seeds. The NL plants were feminized autos, and I am just wondering why I have found seeds. I just planted one, and it sprouted and is happily growing in my window sill. What can I expect from this?

Thanks!

Hi Dave I had the same thing with some NLAs this summer. Just a few random seeds and I never saw any nanners or boy parts.

Ive kept the seeds and will try some in the spring. I'll be watching yours with interest if you journal this. PLease please

I have never found any evidence that a seed like this is somehow inferior, but there's not much to say its just as good either.

Great post here from Mr Krip

With many strains, if the female stays in flower long enough and doesn't get pollenated, they'll often throw a couple of nanners and self-seed as a "preservation of the species" kinda thing.

That being said, this self-seeding is very different than a hermie. With hermies, you'll typically get lots of seeds all throughout the buds. On a self-seed, you may come across a few in a grow.

Those self-seeds should be fine to plant, and because it was a female that selfed, the seeds will be female and should be a genetic clone of the mother since all chromosomes came from her. Basically, like a clone in seed form. Which also means, they should be autos! ;)

For a plant to self-pollinate doesn't it have to be left in flower a few weeks after it should've been harvested? That's the way my mentor explained it to me but he was also super old school. He always said to watch your trichs, and when you think it's done and ready to chop, wait 2 or 3 more weeks and you'll have seeds that are exactly like the plant they came from.

Orlando with mine the seeds were ready at about the same time as the buds. That said, being uncertain about the timing, I may have done what your friend suggested. In fact I'll test that out next year.

What was helping me with seed harvest was that the covering on the calyx(s) that had a seed turned brown. They were very easy to find.

I'll be very happy / ecstatic even if Ive stumbled across a strain that will self seed just a few flowers.

Woo hoo thats a perpetual grow.

Here it is at about 2 weeks, growing, for the time being, under my desk lamp :)
20181202_155054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom