Seed Stashers Anonymous

I just reversed a few clones from my Cherry Cookies as practice.
20200803_155210.jpg

I intended to swing by your Pollen chuckers paradise
thread to ask some questions on genetics, mostly because I've never learned anything about biology. I just wanted to do some researching first so I wasn't a total noob when asking my questions.

im deciding between the 5 and 10 pack from dutch passion, so do i do the same with some greenhouse stuff too? probably. i really have a problem

obviously dj’s stuff is legit. No doubt. Dutch Passion does some really, really nice work as well. I’ve enjoyed every strain of theirs I've grown so far. Both growing, and consuming.

Their autos are neck and neck with their respective photo sister, if you ever wanted to try something without a full commitment. If the auto is fire, the photo will definitely be.

obviously dj’s stuff is legit. No doubt. Dutch Passion does some really, really nice work as well. I’ve enjoyed every strain of theirs I've grown so far. Both growing, and consuming.

Their autos are neck and neck with their respective photo sister, if you ever wanted to try something without a full commitment. If the auto is fire, the photo will definitely be.
thats great advice with the auto/photo thing. im running blackberry kush autos by DP right now, maybe that'll lead somewhere. i also have their auto daiquiri lime on deck. what strains of theirs have you tried?
That Haze was right up my alley, shorter flowering time with a sweet profile. The Pure Kush looked like pure bliss to me.
same here! also the 14% thc thing was cool too. sometimes i think the weed we grow on this forum is just too good and strong for daytime use. im hoping for flavors and a pleasant creative euphoric boost with her. when do you plan on growing her, and how? im going to do 0 veg clones in 2L pots, since im limited on space and height.

the pure kush - i agree with you there too. og kush is kinda my all time favorite strain and if this is really the choice cut with pink hairs to boot.. ill be so happy. are you gonna journal these?

The Haze will probably be done indoors but in my 3 seasons room, not one of my tents. The room has a 10' ceiling height which will help immensely. The other option is to have her outdoors, which now would be about the time I would drop beans to do that, just miss the summer heat but take advantage of the extra daylight for a longer veg time before 12/12 hits. I wouldn't mind a Mendo sized bush in my backyard either!

I try to journal everything I grow so I'm sure there will be a journal when the time comes. I think when my current journal runs its course and I get setup for my fall/winter run I will start a perpetual journal to make things easier on myself.

i already have well over 100 seeds. last night i started pulling the trigger on my next "project" for 2021..hunting the best blueberry.

i got a pack of dj short blueberry f5, 13 regular seeds. im also going to purchase a 5 pack of blueberry bud from sagarmatha, and a 10 pack of blueberry from dutch passion. if you know the history of this strain, then you'll see what im trying to do here.

going to keep the best male from the DJS pack. And the best 3 females overall. plan is

- DJS BB(m) x DJS BB(f) winning pheno to preserve the genetics while hopefully eliminating some less desirable phenos
- DJS BB([f] winning pheno) x self, hoping to stabilize the genetics for future grows and feminize the seeds
- winning phenos x respective selves, in case i want to grow them again
- best female regardless of brand x self and/or DJS male, to make my own custom blueberry

im deciding between the 5 and 10 pack from dutch passion, and then of course seedsman has the 5+5 deal going now, so do i do the same with some greenhouse stuff too? probably. i really have a problem
I got some original from DJ years ago. Pretty sure she's still alive and well in the Billings area. It makes great crosses, yields huge, keeps well. I'm gonna have to check around.

thats great advice with the auto/photo thing. im running blackberry kush autos by DP right now, maybe that'll lead somewhere. i also have their auto daiquiri lime on deck. what strains of theirs have you tried?

So far: orange bud, durban poison, night queen, a couple different kush strains, and maybe their version of GSC?

Never had anything that wasn’t good. Some better than others, but we're talking personal pref, not end quality.

I have strawberry cough and og kush from them on hand as well (or en route
anyway), but haven’t run their versions before.

Hey @politoed, could I pm you with a few questions? Nothing terrible, ut I’m hoping I can see what you think and find a direction to go in with research. (Or if it would be worth doing so.)

Hey @politoed, could I pm you with a few questions? Nothing terrible, ut I’m hoping I can see what you think and find a direction to go in with research. (Or if it would be worth doing so.)
of course - always happy to chat and bounce ideas but i must openly admit im no expert by any means
I got some original from DJ years ago. Pretty sure she's still alive and well in the Billings area. It makes great crosses, yields huge, keeps well. I'm gonna have to check around.
thats super exciting. im kinda looking to make the result of this project one of the backbones of my personal breeding program. kinda like how dj had the thai and the afghan

of course - always happy to chat and bounce ideas but i must openly admit im no expert by any means

sounds good. I'll hit ya up in a few. Not looking for anything expert, but just a gentle nudge in the right direction to focus my research. :)

really, really basic stuff.

Dammit.

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit!

Currently sitting in-cart:

- Laughing Buddha (barney's)
- Sweet Tooth (barney's)
- Hawaii Maui Waui (nirvana)
- Skunk #11 (dutch passion)
- Hifi 4G (dutch passion)
- Sugar Bomb Punch (dutch passion)

and still searching.

I need to stop. But! But!