Seedling growing sideways

Eugor

Hello one of my seedlings has started growing sideways instead of straight.

Is this normal behavior or something to worry about? The light source is directly above them and the humidity dome.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 102
Hi eugor, its quite normal for them to stretch towards the light when seedlings under low light and no airflow to "toughen" them up.
Your babies look a little stretched and the one tilting is just a side effect of that. You can use a varity of things to "prop them up. Many use pipe cleaners.
What light do you have them under and how far is it from the plants?
:ganjamon:

Hi eugor, its quite normal for them to stretch towards the light when seedlings under low light and no airflow to "toughen" them up.
Your babies look a little stretched and the one tilting is just a side effect of that. You can use a varity of things to "prop them up. Many use pipe cleaners.
What light do you have them under and how far is it from the plants?
:ganjamon:

Here's the info on the light and a picture of it. I have it resting on top of the dome for now. It started out much much higher which is where the stretching comes from. I just found it weird that the one seedling would stretch out sideways after the fact.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 76
had similar happen to me this run. started under a 600w so they got a bit leggy :rofl:
Light looks more than adaquate for now. You did the right thing moving it down.
If it was me id support any that needed it and think about repotting them out of that prop and get some airflow on them.

It's their 4th day since sprouting, you think it's time to repot and remove the dome?

what i usually do is grow them under this light for a couple of weeks then move them into my tent with the big boy lights. i was dumb and forgot to move the light down on this one though. oops :oops:

I have the problem of them falling over, a couple every grow. I use a 250w 2x4 T5, and its right up on them. Is it airflow, or is it something else. Such an annoying issue.

I believe it is an airflow issue, I do not use a humidity dome once they are out of the soil, and I have a small 4 inch fan blowing on them. But if you need the dome for humidity because your home is too dry, this may just be your cross to bear. If the humidity in your home is above 50%, they should be ok without the dome and you may want to try that. You may want to look into a better propagation method as most growers are recommending going into a pot once the tap root shows itself instead of those little peat balls you are using. I hope this post helps you or anyone that reads it.

Back
Top Bottom