Seedling help please!

saxxon413

ok so I have 2 questones about my seedling,the first is in the picture you see the 2 leaves coming out of the muddle are fatter than the other 2 below it,i was wondering what that means? and the 2nd is those fatter leaves get a bit droopy when it comes time for the "no light" cycle,and I was wondering why that is? is it dieng or is it too much water?

20130818_213014.jpg

20130818_212955.jpg

Re: seedling help please!!!

Looks like ove watering to me sir. Althought the soil looks dry and pulled away from the sides? do my eyes decieve me? She doesnt look to be dieing, but she is a little sick. Could the temp or humidity in her environment be high?

Re: seedling help please!!!

you are getting me excitied,calling it a "she" lol i dont actually know the sex yet,but im hoping for the best. and i just have it under one 26watt cfl for now,i know when i meed to add more and when,but do you have anything to add about the fatter leaves in the middle?? and can my plant come back from that drooping or is it gonna die?

We try to refer to them as she to give Her good karma. :) She is definatly too young to show sex.
If you mean the second setis larger than the first, this is normal. Until she has 4 or 5 nodes (branches) her leaf pattern may not show just what they are gonna look like. Kinda like blue eyed babies sometimes end up with brown eyes. Shes growing into herself.
She is definalty 'savable' and very much alive.

Ive grown only with 26w CFL's so I can definately help you. How far is the light away from her? Id guess too far... and Id also bet you dont have a cross fan blowing? Can you take a pic of her setup how she usually sits under your lighting? That would be very helpful.

i do have a fan on it when its on its light cycle,and the light i was told to put it atleast 3-5 inches above the plant,depending on its height,tomorrow she'll be 3 weeks old,im going to post a new thread tomorrow morning after her overnight growth and hopefull improvement,so please check the FAQ in the morning,tou seem to be quite helpful,thanks alot.

I agree with everything Mr. Spimp said, what light cycle are you using? Have you mistakenly given her any nutes early. I f overwatered, it will take a number of days to see if she comes back healthy, so watch her carefully.

Back
Top Bottom