Week 3 seedling help/info please

saxxon413

today my plant is 3 weeks old,i have some concerns/questones,if anyone can help with anything I would really appreciate it

1 - the 2 leaves coming out from the middle are fat unlike the others which are longer and slimmer,why is that? I heard that that may be small indication to it maybe being indica.or is it too early to tell that?

2 - I had been noticing the past few days 2 leaves were a bit droopy so I held off on watering. its shown improvement since last night,except for the one leaf is still a bit droopy,does that mean that leaf is dead because it hasn't bounced back yet?

3 - when I use a magnifying glass I can see at the few nodes that there are,theres little teeny tiny white hair bumb lookin things,2 on each node splitting outward,again I can barely see them without a magnifier,what are these?

4 - judging from how healthy it looks (if it indeed does look healthy. lol) and its size,how much longer will it be before its showing signs of sex?

20130819_081606.jpg

20130819_081613.jpg

20130819_081643.jpg

20130819_081651.jpg

Hi there appologies for the delay in a response, its easy to miss a few threads every now and then, caught you on my double check of older threads ;)

ill try to respond as best as I can but will also need to ask a few questions.
how often do you water?
how much light and heat do they get?
what mixture is the soil they are in?

1-when you grow lots of plants you will see a fair bit of variation in leaves. the first few are thin then they start to take on the shape of the strain then as new nodes start to produce leaves you will see 3 fingers on a leaf then five then seven (the leaves get more fingers as they age and when it produces fingers less than the node before its unhappy for some reason. but like all general rules of thumb, there are variations. some strains don't produce many fingers, some indica strains can have sativa like grow habbits and vice versa.

2-this is the question I need more information for to give a more accurate assessment.

3-they could just be normal plant 'fur' or they may be the starting signs of female flowering, but you don't need a magnifying glass to see pistils.

4-it needs to grow about half a dozen nodes at least before showing sex imho.

hey thanks a lot GiGaBaNE! the questone you needed more info for is taken care of,everything seems to be fine now,and as to what you said was "normal plant fur" have grown bigger and are easier to see now,here are some more recent pics I just took,and again any comments or info is greatly appreciated,your reply was extremely helpful.

in the top pic you can kind of see what I was talking about if you look at the node.

20130824_080014.jpg

20130824_075927.jpg

20130824_075948.jpg

Back
Top Bottom