Someone please, please help - I'm desperate

LoveGreen

Hi guys,

I posted another thread looking for answers about two days ago. Suspecting that I might have some pests, I bought a 60x magnifier and don't see any pests or eggs. I am not sure what the problem is but I am worried that this might be the dreaded TM Virus, judging by other pics on the internet.

I am very worried because I have other plants growing in the grow room. None of the other plants seem to be affected. This is a mixture of coco peat + perlite + very small amounts of vermiculite. The plant is a bit droopy because I was trying to adjust the pH, which is now at 6.5. This is the first day I fed them, but the problem has surfaced since the past 3 days. Here are a few pics along with leaves that are zoomed in.

img_22.jpg
IMG_327311.JPG
IMG_32708.jpg
IMG_326713.jpg
IMG_32647.jpg
IMG_0973_1_3.JPG
IMG_097229.JPG
IMG_0974_1_.jpg
IMG_0973_1_2.JPG
IMG_097228.JPG

If it is TMV, I might need to destroy the plant and everything else because it's a virus that just does NOT leave you. I don't want to kill this plant but I don't the other plants to suffer either.

Please help me guys. What would you do?

The strain is Afghan Kush and I see this weird discoloring only in about 2 leaves.

So, it is:

Strain - Afghan Kush

pH - 6.5

ppm - no idea

temp - 84F

Humidity - 67%

I hope some of you will be able to help me. Thanks for reading through.

I don't see this on any other plants. Just those two leaves. Do you think I might have accidentally sprinkled water while repotting them? Can this happen if there's water on leaves?

I am using 300W LED. Can dolomite lime help to add calcium? I'm not sure if I can get Cal mag here, where I live. The pH was 6 about a few days ago and I had to repot her because the soil was becoming too moist, with great amounts of vermiculite. The mixture was 50% coco + 30% perlite + 20% vermiculite, so I repotted the plant to remove vermiculite and there are only traces left in there now. Come to think of it, the problem started after I repotted.

Thank you for the chart supergroomer, but I see this only on two leaves, so I can't undersand what deficiency it could be.

I am using 300W LED. Can dolomite lime help to add calcium? I'm not sure if I can get Cal mag here, where I live. The pH was 6 about a few days ago and I had to repot her because the soil was becoming too moist, with great amounts of vermiculite. The mixture was 50% coco + 30% perlite + 20% vermiculite, so I repotted the plant to remove vermiculite and there are only traces left in there now. Come to think of it, the problem started after I repotted.

Thank you for the chart supergroomer, but I see this only on two leaves, so I can't undersand what deficiency it could be.

Lime will raise your PH. If you can't get cal/mag (I got my last bottle from Amazon just to save myself a trip to the hydro store) some people use Epsom salts Not sure the how much per gal. I am sure someone will pop in with the correct amount or you can search.

Also, how old is the plant? :peace:

Yes I can use Epsom salts. It's about a teaspoon per gallon and it's supposed to supply Magnesium, so I can add dolomite lime, balance pH and epsom too?

The plant is 26 days old. So depressing.

If your ph is at 6.5 now I would not add any lime. You are right where you want to be. Check your water. If it is not at 6.5, adjust it with vinegar to lower or Baking soda to raise. (use just a tiny bit at a time or you will jump the ph all over the place. Ask me how I know :) ) Then check the runoff water and it should be good. Don't expect changes to happen over night. The discolored leaves may never go back to normal. The key is what does the new growth look like. :peace:

Coco is a form of hydro, pH should be 5.8pH, you should water everyday in coco with 15-20% run off, with vermiculite in the mix it may hold more water, so you will have to pick up containers to see if they need water. :peace:

Hmm I'm not sold on it being pests yet, looks weird for sure but it might just be normal. I'd get the ph honed in just in case and maybe look at what you are feeding them, perhaps there is something else you can add to your solutions to benefit them

@supergroomer, thanks for the great tips! I'll try them whenever I need to adjust pH and will add epsom salts now.

@buddogreen, yeah I might have to adjust that pH soon

@Stealthboat I read that it could just be genetics too but I'm not sure. I will get the pH honed as soon as it just dries up just a bit.

Back with an update. The strange coloring has spread to new growth :(

I read a lot about what this could be, but I am still clueless. Check out how the leaves lose their vigor. The growth, however, doesn't seem affected and I see new nodes in a matter of days.

new_12.jpg
new_23.jpg

I just want to know if I can continue keeping this plant or if I should discard it. None of the other plants in the tent have been affected. If you have an inkling about what this could be, please let me know. I have read that a pill of aspirin mixed in water can help eradicate TMV, but I wanted to check with you guys first

thanks professor, I just sprayed it with epsom salt foliar spray now. I am going to see what happens next. Sigh. So frustrating when you don't know what it is.

Hi guys,

I posted another thread looking for answers about two days ago. Suspecting that I might have some pests, I bought a 60x magnifier and don't see any pests or eggs. I am not sure what the problem is but I am worried that this might be the dreaded TM Virus, judging by other pics on the Internet.

I am very worried because I have other plants growing in the grow room. None of the other plants seem to be affected. This is a mixture of coco peat + perlite + very small amounts of vermiculite. The plant is a bit droopy because I was trying to adjust the pH, which is now at 6.5. This is the first day I fed them, but the problem has surfaced since the past 3 days. Here are a few pics along with leaves that are zoomed in.

img_22.jpg
IMG_327311.JPG
IMG_32708.jpg
IMG_326713.jpg
IMG_32647.jpg
IMG_0973_1_3.JPG
IMG_097229.JPG
IMG_0974_1_.jpg
IMG_0973_1_2.JPG
IMG_097228.JPG

If it is TMV, I might need to destroy the plant and everything else because it's a virus that just does NOT leave you. I don't want to kill this plant but I don't the other plants to suffer either.

Please help me guys. What would you do?

The strain is Afghan Kush and I see this weird discoloring only in about 2 leaves.

So, it is:

Strain - Afghan Kush

pH - 6.5

ppm - no idea

temp - 84F

Humidity - 67%

I hope some of you will be able to help me. Thanks for reading through.
There was a time when TMV was everywhere ...like the late 1940's out in the mid west, many farmers chucked in growing hemp for better prices and less hassle in corn even vegetables, the secret with TMV, is that if others have it, so will you eventually(IMO), this ain't TMV, but there are ways to prevent getting it, like at germination a 5% addition of household bleach, to your germing water, kills any spores on the outer shell, stay with the same seedbank is another, as for us TMV travels with the seed, gear but rarely the soil, ...treat TMV as a very bad case of damping off, I was once told, yes its the worst one can get growing weed, but as mentioned you have better odds being hit by a London Bus in South Dakota....Thank Heavens

for you immediate issue cut back your nutes 50% for 10 days to prevent any further 'slight nute burn'

cheers
"V"

Back
Top Bottom