Seedling pointing up

guerrillabalconygrower

Growing a couple of Indica Landraces. One of them has been gradually folding up and pointing towards the light. This has been progressing for past 3 days now. What’s wrong?

44D12021-C8FF-4FAA-934B-5AD54D054A00.jpeg

Leaves look healthy. The plant is praying to the light. Nothing really to be concerned with. That is a vigorous growing plant. You got a grower on your hands. :thumb:
It’s a grower for sure. Largest sized seeds I’ve ever seen and it’s been growing a new set of leaves every day.
Just don’t want to mess this one up hence being extra careful/ concerned.

I’ve read around that they may do this if light is too bright for them. Will try moving it slightly farther away

yea I wouldn't change a thing that plant is loving its life right now.
I mean I may copy this picture to explain what "leaves praying to the light" looks like
its freaking textbook!

yea I wouldn't change a thing that plant is loving its life right now.
I mean I may copy this picture to explain what "leaves praying to the light" looks like
its freaking textbook!
Lol I’m just glad I didn’t screw up a precious little baby.
As it turns out, they were praying because of Too Much Light. Moved them 6 inches away and now they’re flat and normal

I *hope* it’s a her. 6 out of 8 didn’t germinate. Hoping against hope 🤞
sorry to hear that!
Sounds like the germination troll strikes again SMH
Well Fingers crossed on my end that a she and we can watch her thrive!

Its one of the most prized and rare Sativa landraces here. Known for its resin content. I WANT to make this one count
Oh then WHERES THE JOURNAL!
Trust me if you plan on making this a real hobby and doing more than just this grow ITS SUCH A HELP
even if it seems like its not worth it later on you WILL go back and look lol

Update: These babies are sad now. Both displaying different issues.
The one curling I believe could be overwatering although I’ve been using a moisture meter and only watering when needed. The other one must be a nitrogen deficiency. Gave a half strength seedling nutrient mix (synthetic) to the one showing nitrogen deficiency. Hope they recover.
Though still puzzled how I could overwater.

F3DA8C85-204B-4174-95CE-A385370A6578.jpeg

C0F5305E-BA45-48D5-8B1D-C8EE92CC8130.jpeg

Why a half strength? The plant is telling you it's hungry. Give it what it is asking for.

And those meters are not all that helpful. Basically only good for too wet or too dry.

Instead if you pick up the pot and are surprised at how light it is, then it is dry enough to water.

Or, come join us in #SIP Club and skip the whole learning curve on how to water correctly.

Why a half strength? The plant is telling you it's hungry. Give it what it is asking for.

And those meters are not all that helpful. Basically only good for too wet or too dry.

Instead if you pick up the pot and are surprised at how light it is, then it is dry enough to water.

Or, come join us in #SIP Club and skip the whole learning curve on how to water correctly.
Absolute first time using chemical Nutes. So treading on the side of caution. Possibly add another half strength dose next water? It’s in a small pot right now so generally goes light every 3-4 days. I use the moisture meter to double check.

The nute companies give a schedule based on how plants grow, light at first then more heavily. By you imposing your own additional tweaks you are circumventing what they have determined to be successful.

You should probably just follow their recommendations.

The nute companies give a schedule based on how plants grow, light at first then more heavily. By you imposing your own additional tweaks you are circumventing what they have determined to be successful.

You should probably just follow their recommendations.
Followed through on your advice. Top growth is praying again. Thank you!

Also let the overwatered plant dry out and gave it a full strength veg stage feeding today. Hoping for the best

B46E8F64-31F5-47C7-B98D-F4C8CDC4E864.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom