Seedling stage going slow?

NGC7089

420 Member
Hi.:yummy:

First time grower here, I have 3 autos, I germinated them at Aug. 2, and put them in the soil 36 hours later, they got this far, cant tell if this is normal. What I've seen they should be much larger at day 10-11?
Cant tell what I'm doing wrong or just thats the way the seeds are.
I gonna transplant them outside, but for now I'm using 2x35W CFL 6500K, 1x13W CFL 4000K lights, at the heigh of 10cm, Humidity is around 50-60%, temps 25-28C, I dont really have control over that last two. I water them with slightly acidic water (6Ph), the soil is neutral. They are about 3 cm tall.
They look fine, im just worried about the speed of this, since its gets cold here in Sept/Oct - I'm gonna be using a greenhouse.
Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

IMG_7975.jpg

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

IMG_7978.jpg

Ok timing of the grow could be a tad better for time of year or conditions you might expect !

This will change some what depending on where in the world you are from ? some peeps like the secret sizzle where as I have a great big flag on my fuzzy chest :thumb:

So ya, looks fine considering types of domestic bulb look alike things... I'd be happy with that myself as in stage of growth.

The only think about planting out this late in the year & when you suspect to harvest with an auto would be relative humidity aka RH.... this would largely depend on what type of environment you live in relating to part of world ?

That's a big fuzzy question I'm pondering over aka problems with bud rot if RH is to high :cough:

I am very sure many fine details will surface.

Ok timing of the grow could be a tad better for time of year or conditions you might expect !

This will change some what depending on where in the world you are from ? some peeps like the secret sizzle where as I have a great big flag on my fuzzy chest :thumb:

So ya, looks fine considering types of domestic bulb look alike things... I'd be happy with that myself as in stage of growth.

The only think about planting out this late in the year & when you suspect to harvest with an auto would be relative humidity aka RH.... this would largely depend on what type of environment you live in relating to part of world ?

That's a big fuzzy question I'm pondering over aka problems with bud rot if RH is to high :cough:

I am very sure many fine details will surface.
Yes, I'm sadly a bit late with this, but I figured I give it a go anyway. Sometimes the summer is long and I thought with a greenhouse I could manage it.
I'm located in 46N 25E. RH - bud rot- will be a problem for sure, i have to think and plan for that, good ventilation will be a must. Thank you!

I'm located in 46N 25E.

Interesting region :thumb:

With current time scale the grow could last into October perhaps later... with bud rot I would expect night time RH to be higher which is more likely the problem area !

We have pros 'n' cons both sides & my only suggestion is to grow it, either way you will or we will learn from your experience :green_heart:

Interesting region :thumb:

With current time scale the grow could last into October perhaps later... with bud rot I would expect night time RH to be higher which is more likely the problem area !

We have pros 'n' cons both sides & my only suggestion is to grow it, either way you will or we will learn from your experience :green_heart:
Yea, i still have a few seeds left, next year I'm im gonna put them to use in mid/late May.
I'll update if anything comes up :) either way!

Just pondering over the questions arisen from the subject & of pic's :thumb:

1. Germinating inside for an out door grow.
2. Auto flowers.
3. Out door grow conditions could prove difficult for time of year ? Mmm 50/50 chance !

HINT - CFL for germination & above question ^^^

4. Likely hood of success for out door vs indoor under CFL lighting if the grower has room for this idea a split between the two methods !

Two cards to play with :ganjamon:

I would not be overly concern with such a small amount of yellowing at present ?

If I was to have a bug bear about it, I might ponder over nutrient burn & this might be related to choice of soil/compost used or whether it is preloaded with some nutrients ?

If this was the case it may suggest it is a little hot for such a young plant.

Seems to early for any real classic signs tho...

They look over watered. What are your watering practices. How much? how often

The fuzzy thing about over & underwatering is they both share the same characteristics in leaf curling.

Some basic techniques of observation are required !

The growing medium appears light in colour from the pictures provided... Mmm this would give a sense on dry conditions other wise the medium would be of darker colour with moisture present.

Also pot size is off question along with how often do you water ?

Mmm border line eye candy :thumb:

looking good - some cultivators really amp up the myco products the 1st 2 weeks of grow really conscentrate on your root system i use an "innoculant", myco products, king crab and a few others

The fuzzy thing about over & underwatering is they both share the same characteristics in leaf curling.

Some basic techniques of observation are required !

The growing medium appears light in colour from the pictures provided... Mmm this would give a sense on dry conditions other wise the medium would be of darker colour with moisture present.

Also pot size is off question along with how often do you water ?

Fart noise
Mmm border line eye candy :thumb:

I'm thinking he's doing both, watering too little in volume and too frequently.
Hence why the plant is screaming overwatered yet the soil looks dry around the edges. Most of the medium has turned hydrophobic from never being properly saturated. His roots are confined to that little wet area you see in the picture where they've been doomed to be water tortured daily.
Observation indeed.

Hence why the plant is screaming overwatered yet the soil looks dry around the edges. Most of the medium has turned hydrophobic from never being properly saturated. His roots are confined to that little wet area you see in the picture where they've been doomed to be water tortured daily.
Observation indeed.

Mmm just dry I reckon !

I try not to over think sizzle to much.... once in awhile a bubble pops, like water with a bubble gently rising to the surface but their are many bubbles wanting to pop :green_heart:

We might just of caught one of those moments :)

Observation indeed.
I think I've messed my watering up with on the side of overwatering them. However, I usually always check the top 2cm to see how dry is, and water all around not just one spot, usually once every day, but now I've cut back since the humiduty was over 60% recently. Now I watch it more closely and act accordingly.

I think I've messed my watering up with on the side of overwatering them. However, I usually always check the top 2cm to see how dry is, and water all around not just one spot, usually once every day, but now I've cut back since the humiduty was over 60% recently. Now I watch it more closely and act accordingly.
You're watering incorrectly.
Please read and follow this guide.
Most if not all of your problems will clear up if you follow it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom