Seedling starter soil?

sillysally

I'm going to be starting my first grow soon but I was wondering what type of soil I should start my seedlings in? I had planned on using FFOF for the entire grow, but then I saw people saying that it's too hot for seedlings. Yet I have seen grows where it seems to work out totally fine. So should I start my seedlings in something else or just roll with the FFOF the entire time?
Thanks!

Some seedlings it's hot for ie:jedi kush. But I'd recommend a mix of there happy frog and ocean forest. Or light warrior or royal gold tupar that's what I currently use for seedlings that struggle

Some seedlings it's hot for ie:jedi kush. But I'd recommend a mix of there happy frog and ocean forest. Or light warrior or royal gold tupar that's what I currently use for seedlings that struggle

I dunno about that Dutty - not sure I can agree with you there.

He is asking about SEEDLINGS. Not teen-agers.
Seedlings should have NO nutes at all the first week to ten days. Zero.
I put mine in Canna Coco - which has nothing in it. When they're about four to six inches I start with HALF STRENGTH nutes.
I use that mixture till they about 12 inches tall, or till they start complaining about being hungry (pale color, droopy, not growing).

Just me.

~ Auggie ~

Heres green crack and nightmare on elm street and jedi kush if fox farm ocean forest. Right after sprout went in this is 15 days. Your absolutely right it can kill some intolerant Strains. But for the most part works just fine.
DSC_10645.JPG

Auggie has great results. I'd only recommend what I say if you at this point can afford a failure. Reason I'm saying is just cause something works for someone else doesn't mean it will work with the different variables you may be dealing with. Auggie I think that's correct for some Strains that have prissy genetics.

Auggie has great results. I'd only recommend what I say if you at this point can afford a failure. Reason I'm saying is just cause something works for someone else doesn't mean it will work with the different variables you may be dealing with. Auggie I think that's correct for some Strains that have prissy genetics.

Yes. Take ALL advice with a grain of salt. Listen to many opinions; then make up your own mind. Use plain logic in your reasoning and decision making. There are so many variables in farming. And, everybody's garden is different - it is a reflection of its masters personality and abilities.

I have always started seeds right in the medium (no paper towel stuff). Sometimes I soak them in plain tapwater for a day to soften the shell, then stick them a half inch in the medium. For the medium I use Canna Coco because is has nothing in it in the way of nutes. Water sparsely with plain water till its about three inches high then go to half strength nutes till it tells me its hungry. That's MY system. It is not the 'only' way, or the 'best' way - it is Auggie's way. And it works well, for Auggie.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom