ideal 420 soil review

wheelz

Ive been growing for about 2 yes.I started with 3gal pots ffof and happy frog mix.used ff nutes. At time I was only growing autos for quick finish times but the yield was never up to par.I decided to do major upgrade on my grow.I bought 2-4x4x6.5 tents for veg with 600 watt cooltubes and a 6.5x6.5x6.5 flower tent with1000 watt hps.I also decided I wanted away from autos.I came across ideal 420 soil its too hot for seedlings but I been using 5gal pots with 3 gal of 420 an 2gal of happy frog that way by time roots reach the 420 they will be fine.I've had good results good root development nice bugs.but haven't seen anyone talk bout using it.is there anyone out there with experience with ideal 420 please respond if you have any comments

I have two bags of 420 Soil. I obtained one in late 2014. They changed the mixture up a bit in early 2015 (have the new mix too). I haven't started my grow yet. There has been talk about the mix being too hot for seedlings. Ideal Soil and I exchanged many emails back in the begining of my last grow. I played around with a few bags seeds after I gave up (see last journal) so I could tell them a few things. ALL 3 of my seeds popped and broke ground. I did no prep work, just drop beans and watered. Here's what I did...
*Very small amount of soil 2x2x2 in a Styrofoam cup. *Punched 3 small holes in bottom.
*used finger to make a 1/2 hole, dropped seed
*poured one table spoon of filtered water on seed
*covered seed with dirt (did NOT pack dirt down)
*poured another table spoon of water
*placed in dome
Inside the dome was extremely humid, the humidity wasn't t because the soil was very moist, I had poured water in the bottom of the container but not enough that water made contact with the Styrofoam cup.

Like I said, all three popped, and, I threw all 3 away because I had no time for growing at that time. I have some Gage green genetics Baby Freedom seeds that I should get going on a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom