Seedling with one and half Cotyledon?

Darade

I popped a total of 4 beans, 3 have been doing pretty well for themselves, but one seedling (Caramelicious Fem(Auto)), has only 1 cotyledon, and half on the other, not sure what happened; The plant is obviously a bit stunted compared to the other plants, do you think I should just call it quits with this one, or do you guys think it'll be fine?

(sorry for bad quality)
276045439_1536342516759514_4631204009177477955_n.jpg

I'd give it a couple weeks before making a decision, single cotyledon plants are fairly common, and while they do grow a little slower at first, because the cotyledons supply power to the plant while it's getting established, once they get a couple of sets of leaves they usually do fine and often "catch up".

If in a weeks time the vegetative mass has not stabilized the cannabis seedling is a weakling or runt and should be culled. I would contact the seed bank, if they have a guarantee send the photograph of the deformed weakling.

I have one where both the cotyledons broke off in the top of the partially broken off see shell as it has sprouted up and i pulled it off. It sat there as a stem for a good long while but it had a little root going and was getting water. It sat but then started pushing out mature leaves pretty stacked nice and low. Produced pretty good actually compared to the others minus the loss of additional veg time. It stayed squatty and developed. I say grow it out!

Back
Top Bottom