Seedlings needing help

TacoTED11

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I've got about 25 seedlings I've been starting for the past few weeks. I started them in a jiffy professional greenhouse using the peat pellets. I started 3 in each one and just recently transplanted them all into their own 3" jiffy pot with a natural organic seed starting mix and added appropriate amounts of both dr.earth root zone fertilizer and dr. Bud and bloom booster. Since they first popped out of the soil all of my stems have been skimpy and skinny which causes them to fall over. I water them regularly and have them under 14watt T5 seed starting grow lights and have a small fan on a low setting set to them, both the light and fan are set on a 15 hour on cycle.Was looking for some advice on how to get these stems to thicken up. Any input would be appreciated!

Not enough light. They stretched trying to get to the light. For 25 babies, I'd at least Use 100 watt of T5 3ft away. Use drinking straws to support them. If you can transplant them deeper, or add media so some of the stems are buried, that will help too. No need for nutrients yet until they ask for it. Silica will help build new cells for stronger stocks. But better to be patient and let them do what they do.

I would suggest staying very far away from any fertilizers until they have 4-6 leaves. The seed and seedling has it's own food at the beginning. Also, like Chronic said, stronger lights, placed just 2 inches away so they don't stretch. If they do stretch out you can transplant them and bury the stem leaving like just an inch of plant above the soil. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom