Seedlings in jiffys help?

grino21

Hi I'm really in need of help if anyone can be much appreciated!
I've got some seedlings in jiffys white widow x big bud I've got 5 of them. 2 have popped but they're yellow and pale there's a pic of one in the link below. Just wondering if I should put them under light this is the 4th day they popped through the jiffy yesterday morning. They're in a plastic container in my boiler cuboard at about 23°c

20160229_092217.jpg

Went to put them under my cfl 250w connected to my lumii compacta and the light started smoking and burning straight away so turned it of and I've put the 2 that have sprouted in a plastic container with air holes under a lamp for now. need to sort the light issue out will the light be knackered now?

I didn't realise you needed one of them converter wires I just thought screw it in and away we go lol ill give it another try when I get the converter wire.

I've just ordered one anyways got express delivery so it comes tomorrow then I can see if the cfl still works. When i get the converter If the cfl lights up does that mean all is okay? I don't want a fire whilst I'm asleep:/
And my jiffys are looking alot better under the light the container there in is about 8 inch away is that okay or to far?

Too far - 2 or 3 inches away from the leaves is better, otherwise they will stretch for the light :thumb:

Can you show us another photo? :thanks:

I would be wary of using the burned out Cfl (if it works when you plug it in) - You can do the first part of this grow with small Cfls, buying more as the plants grow, then use the small bulbs as side lighting when you can afford another big Cfl.

I've ordered a new cfl super cool white 250w so that will be here for veg and my seedlings are looking tall I've just moved them an inch closer they're about 4 inch away.
I'm goin to put them in plastic cups with canna terra soil once they start rooting out of the pellet.
Out of my other 3 I can see one poking it's head out of the peat so I'll move that with the others once it's grew a little

I feel your pain grino21 on this rough start, but I just wanted to let you know that I was pulling for you and your girls. Good luck getting those lights sorted, and test your ballast now against a good big bulb too and make sure this mixup didn't mess anything up there, before you get to flower. You got some good advice coming at ya... you are going to get this done yet. :)

Back
Top Bottom