Seeds in my auto-fem tent

PacificNorthWest

Ah man, what a sad day. It's been about a year that I've been growing trouble-free. Today...hit a snag and I'm afraid I don't know what to do.

Here's the grow. Today as I'm scanning the canopy...I see some top nuggets that got swollen pretty fast. I look closer, go in for a feel...and shit. Yup a hard shell. I looked at all 5 ladies closely and they all definitely show signs of pollination in random spots. I wasn't about to start ripping nuggets apart on each plant.

So one of these things hermied and f***ed the whole tent? Damn this is new.

Not sure where to go from here. Cut them down now? Wait it out and end up picking out hundreds of seeds and losing a bunch of bud weight? I obviously should scrap all the clones I cut from each of these and start with fresh seeds again huh?

Anyone else have this happen? Airflow in the tent was excellent too...so I wouldn't be surprised to see seeds everywhere.

These all are first gen decent seeds too:
Cream Caramel from sonoma, 3 weeks left
Citrus Haze from seedsman 5 weeks left
Blue Widow from seedsman 3 weeks left
Sour Diesel from cropking 4 weeks left
and unknown fem from a friend.

Seriously? So if an auto-fem hermies from seed, you are saying that clones taken from that same plant before she flowered will not tend to hermie? I thought it was a genetic thing? Interesting.

Thank you. I think with only 3 weeks left to go for most I'll let them finish and yeah...butter and oil I guess. It will bring me back to my early smoking days sifting through seedy weed too. Hopefully they aren't that bad. How many seeds can a few pollen sacks make anyway? Like millions? lol.

Of course. Cheers. Now to re-evaluate every single environmental issue.

Can the seams of the zippers of these tents let in enough light to cause problems during dark cycle? I have a Mars Hydro TS1000 on 18/6 right next to my tent flower tent. Could that be providing light pollution to the tent you think?

URRGGHHHAAAAshit.

Gonna have to do a steam clean after this to keep it from happening again from residual pollen too :( I have had a similar thing happen many years ago. It’s sad because picking a few seeds out wouldn’t be a huge deal except that wherever the pollen lands the THC production pretty much ceases.

Stand in the tent and zip it up and see if any light is coming in, then yeah either let it grow out and pick out hunners of seeds or just chop now and get a new grow going save a month of time, if I was you I’d just chop it and get the clones in there, I’ve done the I don’t mind picking out seeds thing before, and it’s the worst, can’t just roll a joint takes like half hour. Lol your choice, but I’d scrap it.

See...I've got a bunch of weed in there. And I'm not so sure how badly the pollen has spread. I'm afraid if I cut everything down now it might be a mistake. I mean what if this was just a weird one-off small male flower that developed and spread it's pollen? Maybe I could investigate a few nuggest and see how far-spread the seeding has gone before I decide to yank everything?

I guess I'm asking... is there anyway that there are just a few seeds in that 4x4 tent? Or is it going to be widespread pollination? How to tell without ripping apart buds?

Tbh I’m not sure I’d be in there in the morning with a scoope checking them all out maybe just try find the culprit, see if there’s any nanners in there, try not to touch them all to much might end up pollinating them more? Lol I’m just guessing to be honest, I’m not that clued up on how pollination works, but I do know for sure that I fucking hated that grow that had seeds, I thought I’d be cool with it but it was a nightmare , hated trimming it was so annoyed the whole time and hated smoking it lol felt like i was getting sore heads missing tiny wee seeds that you just can’t get out. Upto you man hope you make the right decision lol.

Back
Top Bottom