Seeds just popped, now what

jcshap

My seeds just popped this morning. I plan to put them is rockwool now before transplanting to soil. My question is, what PH should I make the water that I will soak the rockwool in, and what PH should I feed the new babies with?

I only use water on the seeds until they're at their first proper node, and even then I only use 1/4 strength nutes until they're on their third or fourth node.

edit: You don't have to PH test the water, just put them in standard potting mix for now, slow release nutes already in the soil won't matter, but nothing on top of water for now. The aim is to be patient, not greedy.

My water has a ph value of 6.5 from germination to harvest. I also plant directly into my finishing pot, why put your babies through unneeded stress. My soil is an organic mix with a ph value between 6.0 to 6.8. I like keeping things simple and easy! good organic soil and a water ph of 6.5 will never ever let you down. It's all about breaking down nutrients and this starts at germination and ends when you chop chop.

Good luck dude!

Thanks man. The switching pots thing does seem stupid. Ive been seeing good PH to be between 5.5 and 6. Seems low compared to what you are saying.

Back
Top Bottom