Self Sustaining Grows

FuzzyGrnMnstr

Granted I am new to the forums, but I was wondering if anyone else besides me has a "self sustaining" garden that they obtain their fruit and veggies from? I am going to school for horticulture and I just cant lay off the "pot"/s. I grow EVERYTHING but large tree's due to my current semi-small living quarters 1k sq-ft . (First hand experience is the best knowledge one could ever receive IMO)

that is something i am hoping to do as well. clones, 1 veg area, then two stages of buds so hoping to be able to pull a harvest every 8 weeks.

Eventually, I will finish my perpetual harvest setup. I have 2 12x20x10 rooms that will run 7-8 100W HPS, or a bunch of 600s... not sure yet!
The 2 rooms will run on a flip flop system... that means that one will run from 12a to 12p... then the other comes on and runs from 12p to 12a... pretty simplistic.
Those rooms will be filled out of another room I use for mommies/babies... completely self sustained... the only way to go!

man, that is a lot of space, and a ton of power?? your light bill must be up there running that many HPS. have you considered any of the new LED's going forward? I am following Steve(forget the rest) grow with 2 300s and 180 in the pvc pipe and its pretty amazing. and i have seen a lot of other really nice grows here now with LED's. just a thought, although they would slowly need to phased in cause that would be a crap load of cash to do at once.

One I am aware of...

10x10 room so bloom room is 6x10 and veg is 4x10 with a 2x5 reach in closet.

Everything is in flood and drain tables, each room has its own rez... but 1 rez only to a room.

Veg nutes are GH 1,2,3,.... minus grow.

Bloom is GH 3,2,1,.... minus grow

All veg and mothers occur in 2 2'x4' trays. Closet is lit by a bank of t5's and the room is lit by a 400MH.

He has at least 6 clones ready every week, vegged for at least 2 weeks.

Bloom area has a 5000btu AC and a 1kMH flanked by 2 600w HPS on a light mover. Plants go in for 8 weeks.

He pulls 6 Pants a week.

He is not happy with his yield (aprox 3.5g per week) and says he is looking towards longer veg to make the difference.

One I am aware of...

10x10 room so bloom room is 6x10 and veg is 4x10 with a 2x5 reach in closet.

Everything is in flood and drain tables, each room has its own rez... but 1 rez only to a room.

Veg nutes are GH 1,2,3,.... minus grow.

Bloom is GH 3,2,1,.... minus grow

All veg and mothers occur in 2 2'x4' trays. Closet is lit by a bank of t5's and the room is lit by a 400MH.

He has at least 6 clones ready every week, vegged for at least 2 weeks.

Bloom area has a 5000btu AC and a 1kMH flanked by 2 600w HPS on a light mover. Plants go in for 8 weeks.

He pulls 6 Pants a week.

He is not happy with his yield (aprox 3.5g per week) and says he is looking towards longer veg to make the difference.

Is he pulling 3.5 gr per plant, or is that for all 6 plants he's pulling every week? I am going straight clone to bloom and expect to pull at least an oz per plant.

3.5g a plant off 6 plants, so 21g a week x 4 is 3 z's a month??? did i do some bad math??

Math looks right, yield seems light. A pound a month would be outa-sight. :Namaste:

Nice rhymes. Most of the self sustained or continuous grows I have seen don't yield much due to lack of vegging. However there was a hempy scrog journal I read that had decent yields.

I seen a few perpetual gardens on auto in my history.

Personally, automated lights and timer watering volumes in soil make it basically hands-free.

There are many types of self sustaining systems. Usually you have a hydro clone mother, large veg room, large bud room, 4x4 clone box and an intermittent finishing HPS box for the ends. But the problem is #'s because t do this perpetually, your gonna have like 1 mother min, then you have like 25-30 clones, 20-30 in veg, then 20-30 in bud and 5-10 in the closer. That causes major #'s problems if you care about your freedom. lol.

The best system i ever saw was a guy who constantly used the outdoors. Summer he vegged and did buds in a box then in winter the buds came outside and the veg was in the box. he had 4-5 harvests per year. on the system switch system. too cool.

Most recently i was told the best way to maximize harvests is to run a 1234 system 2 in mh 2 in hps, 24 plants in the system at all times in 4 stages. + mother in her own box on hydro.

Granted I am new to the forums, but I was wondering if anyone else besides me has a "self sustaining" garden that they obtain their fruit and veggies from? I am going to school for horticulture and I just cant lay off the "pot"/s. I grow EVERYTHING but large tree's due to my current semi-small living quarters 1k sq-ft . (First hand experience is the best knowledge one could ever receive IMO)

Like aquaponics?

i am attempting to do a perpetual grow but use fast flowering indicas and slow flowering sativas to get a harvest every month. i have a clone and seedling room using t5s and 400 w. hps. they then move to the flower room under 2 600w hps. today i have harvested 4 aurora indicas and 3 master kush. they will be immediately replaced by clones and seedlings of indicas, which have been finishing in 9 weeks, which are ready to flower. they have been in the clone and seed room vegging.
in the flower room there is still super silver haze and el dorado which will be read in about a month. i also have clones and seedlings to replace these sativas.

if i keep the rotation going and watch my dates, i may be able to keep it going.

and my harvest today will be around 12 oz when dried. if all goes well, i am trying to get that every month.

i also put aside one to seed.

Let me know how you like the Eldorado. Also, what are its growth and feeding characteristics?

Thanks.

Are there fish tank journals on here?
Like integrated into the hydro.

Don't think so (but 420's a big place, I've just scratched the surface!). You have to go totally organic; normal things everyone uses can hurt either the fish, the worms, or the bacteria of the bio-filter! No copper, no galvanized, no pH shocks! :thedoubletake:

So watch for my journal. I've killed way fewer plants with aquaponics than in soil or soilless, :laugh: to the point that it makes this lazy, neglectful brown-thumb look like a real gardener. :headbanger: I'm itching to try an indoor AP grow-bed, hooked to an 85-gallon aquarium and a 100-gallon sump.

I'll get flamed soooo much because it's so different*, but after a 2-year proof-of-concept in the back yard, doing everything wrong (once), and still producing, it's now my favorite method of growing tasty green things from 'easy' like okra to 'hard' such as Bhut Jolokia...
The fish meat is a bonus. Or you raise Koi nice and big and bright and sell 'em off.

- seti

*OTOH, '2012 preppers' will absolutely looove it...

Back
Top Bottom