Self-Topping Seedling: Genetic Mutation

sure looks like the internode is still there and the newest node was broken off, could have been anything, who knows, maybe a bird, a pest, a this, a that haha;) regardless beautiful plant:)
No, it's just a bad photo. When I took it I accidentally forgot to line up the camera so you'd see all three main shoots. There all there. I'll post another photo soon. Thanks

Hey Vanisland, here's a photo taken yesterday, just showing the whole plant with buds a blooming on the tips of the branches. From this angle, it looks like there are only two stems, so I can understand why you thought the middle stem had been removed somehow. Well, I'm happy to say it wasn't removed.

In the second photo from Oct 1 the triple mainstem shows pretty clearly. She's just as strong as the other two, and has branches that stretched just as high as the others. Interesno, njet?

The buds have a fruity, almost like dried mango, aroma and I want to say flavor, it's like a flavor in my nose. Truly unique aroma, delicious. I see a few trichomes. She needs another month at least, maybe 6 weeks. I've never grown Durban before, but I think I will again.

Think what you may, but she shure has come a long way baby! ... from that little seedling that couldn't make up it's mind about apical ... to this 5-foot bearer of bud.
:yummy:

Sensi's Durban seed produced a normal first pair of single leaves. The next set (I cannot say "node" here because it isn't a node) was one single leaf on one side and a triple set on the other. I kept waiting for a growth point between those two to emerge. It didn't. In effect, the plant has "topped" itself because it cannot put out a growth tip between those two leaf sets.

So I kept waiting, wondering what this plant would do next. Where would the growth point emerge? Ah, I should've guessed it. As with all topped plants, the growth tips emerged from the node below. In this case, that is the only double-node on the plant, the first set of two single leaves has now put out growth points. Fortunately, those two growth points do appear to be doubles, with two tiny leaves on each side. Here two photos.

But even those growth points do not seem normal to my eye. I will continue to wait and see what they do going forward. Maybe there will be further triple-leaf sets or two leaves on each side. Stay tuned...

I myself have a plant that has topped itself. I crossed Alien Gorilla Pimp x Blueberry to get Cosmic Gorilla Berry. My first batch of seeds, I took 20 of the worst looking seeds. Dropped them straight into seed starters and waited. 6 came up and out of the 6 I got this. These seeds were planted on 3/17/22. The second pic is about a week later. It produced 3 tops out of the blue. And the last pics are from 4/29/22

20220401_185249.jpg

20220407_132502.jpg

received_1141267809987723.jpeg

received_3067299956855667.jpeg

@CosmicBeard thanks for your post! So... at first you had three growth points, which you successfully pulled apart (photo 3). Now there are multiple growth points in the center of photo 4. How many is that? Did you cut/top at all?

I think I have the same mutation... We'll see how this one grows out...🤔 This is a Canuk Seeds Cherry Pie Fem that I am growing in my Canuk seed comparative journal, link is below in my signature.

:lot-o-toke:

Cherry 10723.jpg

Back
Top Bottom