Selfed autoflower question

So, a few years ago I grew a couple of auto flowers, short rider auto from Nirvana to be specific. The yield was pretty sad but I think it was mostly my fault. Anyhow, when I harvested I found maybe 10-15 seeds although I never saw any nanners. Well about a month ago I planted a couple of these selfed seeds and so far they’re coming along alright, and I’ve seen preflowers on one of the two plants, but nothing close to full flower. So my questions are the following; do self seeds autoflower 100% of the time? (I always assumed yes) Is it possible to stress an auto into not flowering? I feel that’s a possibility also, the soil they’re in seems to have poor drainage and they had to go without water for a couple weeks (they survived just fine). I’m considering repotting into soil with a higher ratio of perlite to see if they flower; except that i have seven photo period seedlings growing. when I know which ones are female, I’m going to transplant them into 5 gallon fabric pots and that will be all of the space I have.. so what do I do with these alleged autos?
Anyone have any insight?

Id like to see a grow journal or follow along with this. Sounds, weird. But, I'm not surprised. Just curious.... good luck

Id like to see a grow journal or follow along with this. Sounds, weird. But, I'm not surprised. Just curious.... good luck
I’ve thought about doing a journal, but my better half is uncomfortable with the idea. I think Im going to just put the bigger gal into a 12-12 schedule in a little space bucket I made and hope for the best.

Yeah man. Grow it out and see

I’ve thought about doing a journal, but my better half is uncomfortable with the idea.

You could promise her that you won't post any pictures of her (or yourself), the front of your house, or your mailbox :rolleyes: .

I used to be really paranoid about such things. And, yeah, I still am to some extent. But for you to get busted based on your forum posts, you really have to do something fairly stupid (see the above). Consider this: LEO cannot just get up one morning and decide, "Hey, I'm feeling froggy today, so I'll just go pick up search warrants for every cannabis-related forum in the universe." It doesn't work like that. He/she has to... you know... have a suspect - and some reasonably good evidence to back that up. Good enough to convince a judge. So okay, your worst fears are realized. Your local LEO suspects YOU of growing cannabis and he has enough evidence to convince Judge Evans to issue a warrant.

Can you see where I'm going here? Because my next statement is: In that case, lol, you are already f*cked. Your local cops already know you're a cannabis grower and have convinced your local judge that this is so. In which case, they don't exactly need any pictures from a grow journal, lol, since they'll most likely be seeing the inside of your grow room any second now anyway.

Oh, and remember that THIS cannabis-related forum does not have its server physically located within the border of the United States. That complicates things a bit for ol' LEO, yeah?

So... Yeah, don't post any picture of you standing in front of your house, with the address on your mailbox clearly visible, whilst holding a freshly harvested cannabis plant.

General statement: A person is exponentially more likely to get busted because they told someone that they're growing cannabis. Or because they beat on their wife (or husband, I suppose) and their spouse dropped a dime on them in retaliation and to get them locked up where they probably belong anyway (although not for growing a plant, lol).

Relax. Keep calm and carry on, as they say. Don't store hydroponic nutrients in 250-gallon totes on your front porch beside your 12-year old's High Times collection, and tell no one. You'll be fine. . . .

You could promise her that you won't post any pictures of her (or yourself), the front of your house, or your mailbox :rolleyes: .

I used to be really paranoid about such things. And, yeah, I still am to some extent. But for you to get busted based on your forum posts, you really have to do something fairly stupid (see the above). Consider this: LEO cannot just get up one morning and decide, "Hey, I'm feeling froggy today, so I'll just go pick up search warrants for every cannabis-related forum in the universe." It doesn't work like that. He/she has to... you know... have a suspect - and some reasonably good evidence to back that up. Good enough to convince a judge. So okay, your worst fears are realized. Your local LEO suspects YOU of growing cannabis and he has enough evidence to convince Judge Evans to issue a warrant.

Can you see where I'm going here? Because my next statement is: In that case, lol, you are already f*cked. Your local cops already know you're a cannabis grower and have convinced your local judge that this is so. In which case, they don't exactly need any pictures from a grow journal, lol, since they'll most likely be seeing the inside of your grow room any second now anyway.

Oh, and remember that THIS cannabis-related forum does not have its server physically located within the border of the United States. That complicates things a bit for ol' LEO, yeah?

So... Yeah, don't post any picture of you standing in front of your house, with the address on your mailbox clearly visible, whilst holding a freshly harvested cannabis plant.

General statement: A person is exponentially more likely to get busted because they told someone that they're growing cannabis. Or because they beat on their wife (or husband, I suppose) and their spouse dropped a dime on them in retaliation and to get them locked up where they probably belong anyway (although not for growing a plant, lol).

Relax. Keep calm and carry on, as they say. Don't store hydroponic nutrients in 250-gallon totes on your front porch beside your 12-year old's High Times collection, and tell no one. You'll be fine. . . .
Oh i fully agree with you and I’m 100% positive that no one has a clue what I do inside my own house.. but my wife feels uncomfortable with the idea.. and that cannot be resolved by rationalizing... if you know what I mean

Well, yeah, that's just it - no need to rationalize this, just explain reality to her, lol.

On the other hand, a divorce costs a LOT more than a marriage does, so if her mental... outlook is wholly incompatible with you posting a public pseudoanonymous grow journal, I completely understand why you wouldn't.

Although since, again, the likelihood of getting arrested is 99.999infinity999% based on what you do or say "out in the real world," I'm somewhat surprised that she's allowing you to run a grow in your home at all. I can imagine that conversation (been there, done that... chose the divorce option and came out ahead, lol, but that's just me ;) ) .

In all seriousness, I hope your carbon filter is up to snuff, your duct runs have ZERO air leaks, and you maintain a constant slight negative pressure in your grow room/tent. What seems like a slight, mild cannabis odor after you've been in the building with it for several hours... tends to shout "HEY, I'M GROWING DOPE HERE!!!" to mailmen, landscapers, meter-readers, code-enforcement people passing through your neighborhood, paper boys, random passers-by, et cetera. (Some of which would call LEO about it, some would go home and b!tch to their spouses, some would quietly plan a burglary, and some... would either just ignore or smile and go on about their business). And/or to neighbors, if you have close ones. I came home one night to find several of my neighbors gathered around my (wooden) front porch. "We think we've finally cornered that skunk that's been in the neighborhood all month," one said quietly. . . .

Well, yeah, that's just it - no need to rationalize this, just explain reality to her, lol.

On the other hand, a divorce costs a LOT more than a marriage does, so if her mental... outlook is wholly incompatible with you posting a public pseudoanonymous grow journal, I completely understand why you wouldn't.

Although since, again, the likelihood of getting arrested is 99.999infinity999% based on what you do or say "out in the real world," I'm somewhat surprised that she's allowing you to run a grow in your home at all. I can imagine that conversation (been there, done that... chose the divorce option and came out ahead, lol, but that's just me ;) ) .

In all seriousness, I hope your carbon filter is up to snuff, your duct runs have ZERO air leaks, and you maintain a constant slight negative pressure in your grow room/tent. What seems like a slight, mild cannabis odor after you've been in the building with it for several hours... tends to shout "HEY, I'M GROWING DOPE HERE!!!" to mailmen, landscapers, meter-readers, code-enforcement people passing through your neighborhood, paper boys, random passers-by, et cetera. (Some of which would call LEO about it, some would go home and b!tch to their spouses, some would quietly plan a burglary, and some... would either just ignore or smile and go on about their business). And/or to neighbors, if you have close ones. I came home one night to find several of my neighbors gathered around my (wooden) front porch. "We think we've finally cornered that skunk that's been in the neighborhood all month," one said quietly. . . .
Hahahahaha what’d you do in that case?

I thanked everyone for finding my lost pet, told them that "she" was shy (well, it was true that "she" was in hiding from everyone ;) ), and asked them to go home so I could "coax her out from under there."

Then I quietly shat kine, of course - and got a real filter. It was an orifice-puckering moment for sure.

Although if someone has a pet skunk - and they actually can make a good pet, if the owner treats them properly, has a great deal of patience, realizes that, while they might sometimes act like a cat, they aren't one, and understands that a sexually-intact skunk is going to get pretty aggressive "at that time" even if it has been a lifelong pet (and it's the kind of animal that thinks biting your toes as you walk across the floor barefoot is great fun, lol, so when they get aggressive, you'll know it) -- anyway, if you have a pet skunk and it gets loose, you've probably just lost it for good, because as lovable as they can be, the little sh!ts seem to have absolutely no sense of where "home" is.

I don't have a pet skunk. But twice in the past few years, I've been out walking late at night, had a cat brush up against my legs to encourage me to pet it, reached down and petted it, then quickly realized that it wasn't a cat. Skunks are cool. Try not to scare one, though, lol.

U

Yes i agree totally with u...be careful ur tattoo not to showing and anything that can lead them to u.
I was i an court for growing ....they let me go ...innocent..
After that i made many many grows and most of them make some journals...
I have to say dont worry...

Back
Top Bottom