Set up Assistance :D

MaLaN

Hey guys, I have been reading up for the past 1-2 months now. Ill let you all be the judge of how much I've learned. Be honest, harsh answeres are also appreciated as long as they make a good point.

OK

I want to set up a grow area to grow 10 White widow babys. I have a 6x4x8 area... Since i have the space to make them grow pretty long I was thinking of Flowering them once they were 2.5-3 Feet(76-91cm) tall. This way I max them out and take advantage of my space.

This is what I had in mind. Growing in Soilless mix.

Equipment:
- 1 600W HPS Bulb/ Complete system with ballast and hood
- 1 600W MH Bulb/ for veg
- 1 Reverse Osmosis water system
- Inline Fan 200-300 CFM
- Carbon Filter
- 3 Indoor Fans
- 50gal Resevoir
- EC/PH Tester
- 10 Peat Pelletes
(these are the most important)

Wee1-Week3 Seedling
- Using 4 34W (cool) Fluorescent Bulbs for the first 3 weeks.
- 150-250 ppm (low amount of nutrients)
- PH @ 6.2
- Nutrients + Root Stimuliser
- Peat pellets transplant to Soilless mix
- Flush Weekly and raise PPM (amount of nutrients)

Week4-Week12 -> Transplanted to bigger containers (3qt)
- Under 600W MH Bulb
- 328-900 PPM
- PH @ 6.2
- Nutrients are raised 50-70 PPM per week
- Week8 Transplant to 2 Gal Containers (8qt)
- Flush weekly and raise PPM

Week13-Week21 -> Transplant to 5Gal container (20qt) [no more transplanting]
- Under 1 600W HPS light
- 900-1500 PPM (raise nutrient amount)
- PH @ 6.2
- Nutrients raised weekly
- Weekly flush + raising nutrient amount... Last 2 weeks Lowering PPM (nutrient amount) to 0 and last 2 days no water.

This is what i have so far, What do you think about this set up? Any kind of input would be appreciated :D

Does topping lower the quality of the plant? and would it produce more?
Is a 600W system really enough for 10 plants in a 6x4 area?
Is this a good set up?
What quality am I looking at and yield?

Thanks In Advance... This would be my first grow :D

Topping causes more overall quantity, but a bit smaller colas. I don't think that it has any impact on quality.
I wonder why you want to store 50 gal of water. I often see algea and whatnot in my water, but to be fair, I use 5 gal buckets that I store outside.
Quality of your final bud will depend completely with how your grow goes. The proof will be in the pudding, and you're still putting the ingredients together.
I don't flush weekly... or at all if I can avoid it, but I don't see how it would hurt. I'm a pretty lazy gardener tho.

Cheers!

You are on the right track, looks like homework has been done for sure.

Some of your time spans may be off though.. 12 weeks from seed + veg until you bloom? Sound like some friggin monster plants for indoors. Too big for that area and light source IMO..

I would like to see 2 x 600's in a 6x4 area and maybe 6 weeks seed to bloom. hard to put a time frame on it. Really depends on the strain and the plant itself. Think about what you want you final height to be and put into flower at 1/4 to 1/3 that height. Sativa will stretch 4 times or more in length and indica can double or triple...

Its nice to have it mapped on paper but it all boils down to reading the feedback from the plants and adjusting to suit their needs.

Thanks for the reply's :thanks:

I wonder why you want to store 50 gal of water.

I wanted to fill it up when watering the plants in a later stage. That way I can calculate how much each baby is drinking and multiply it by 10 and fertilize and PH the water to feed all at once. But I am thinking 50 gal is really unnecessary, but then again, I will be flushing lol

(id have to use 2-3 times water then there is soil) :D

I don't flush weekly... or at all if I can avoid it, but I don't see how it would hurt. I'm a pretty lazy gardener tho.

:D I feel your pain, but I was thinking of building a system where all I have to do is put the 5 Gal bag or 5 Gal bucket on this "system" and water away while letting it drip to the bottom and having a screen catching all the dirt particles while I have a pump pumping out the Salty water to the sink or another bucket and feed that to my grassless lawn LOL :D

Some of your time spans may be off though.. 12 weeks from seed + veg until you bloom? Sound like some friggin monster plants for indoors. Too big for that area and light source IMO..

I read somewhere that these babys double if not tripple in size, so I stayed on the safe side thinking (double). I really want a tall and bushy plant, this is why i asked about the TOPPING tactic. I have more room to play with, about :/ 12x12 area and 8-9 feet of height. I just wanted to have my own little corner to play with my experiments :D

The more and more I read about growing the more and more I become interested. Ill probably use up all the space :D for this, but ill have to think it through since I really dont like doing things half ass. I have to admit man, I loved your grow and when I see the possibilities of MJ growing It motivates me haha.

So yes, lol

I would like to see 2 x 600's in a 6x4 area and maybe 6 weeks seed to bloom. hard to put a time frame on it. Really depends on the strain and the plant itself.

Hmm Well, I was thinking of basicly maxing them out to where I can get more for my buck but at the same time be understandable in jeperdizing there lifes and causing chaos. Ill probably try 8 plants in a 5x8x8 space, seems reasonable. That way I can use 2x600W HID's and really be efficient. How does that sound? :D :slide:

Thx again guys :allgood:

Has anyone or anyone you know fooled arround with any of these Nutrients?
micro_label.jpg

grow_label.jpg

bloom_label.jpg

Would you recommend these to anyone? :D

I am trying hard to understand how nutrients work, I have a basis but I still have some doubt in what does what :D

For example: Reading the links i provided, The chart shows all the stages of a plants life, and aswell as how much Nutes to add. Are all of these added throughout the plants life? If adding all 3 nutes, wouldnt the plant be sufficated? LOL How believeable is this chart?

I dont mind reading to finding out whats going on, IF anyone has some good intell in finding out how much Nutes are needed to satisfy one of these babys, it would be greatly appreciated :D

Without a light mover one 600 watt setup won't be enough. It will work but you will lose some yield. I am starting out in a 4x8 space with 2 600 watt HPS and 2 432 watt T5's. I am planning to veg/flower 12-15 plants (soil). Light will make or break your final product.

Has anyone or anyone you know fooled arround with any of these Nutrients?

Would you recommend these to anyone? :D

I am trying hard to understand how nutrients work, I have a basis but I still have some doubt in what does what :D

For example: Reading the links i provided, The chart shows all the stages of a plants life, and aswell as how much Nutes to add. Are all of these added throughout the plants life? If adding all 3 nutes, wouldnt the plant be sufficated? LOL How believeable is this chart?

I dont mind reading to finding out whats going on, IF anyone has some good intell in finding out how much Nutes are needed to satisfy one of these babys, it would be greatly appreciated :D

I have not usd AN nutes. I use GH Flora Series and I follow their chart to a T with the core nutrients (Grow,Micro,Bloom) and also use their Kool Bloom in flowering.

Without a light mover one 600 watt setup won't be enough. It will work but you will lose some yield. I am starting out in a 4x8 space with 2 600 watt HPS and 2 432 watt T5's. I am planning to veg/flower 12-15 plants (soil). Light will make or break your final product.

Nice, Keep me updated on your setup :D

Check this out

I was thinking of going something similar. Lollipop them @ 2 feet and place them in a 5gal container, top them at 1 month, and see what happens.

Tell me what you think about those Big Christlely nuts hahaha :thanks:

I have not usd AN nutes. I use GH Flora Series and I follow their chart to a T with the core nutrients (Grow,Micro,Bloom) and also use their Kool Bloom in flowering.

Would adding Kool Bloom raise the PPM?

Back
Top Bottom