Sexing without cloning

SlimDog53185

I was just thinking. Can you make one branch of a plant flower without cloning. Lets say you put a black cloth or plastic or whatever over one branch for 12hrs. Would that part of the plant flower and show sex?

I just need an easy way of sexing plants without cutting anything off. I don't have room for clones to grow along with my others, and no other lights I can hookup. So clones would be just for sexing and not continuation of the crop. The biulding got struck by lightning and fried all the wires so electricity is kinda rigged up for now, and I don't want to start any fires with multiple lights. Any good advice?

lol you cant sex only one part of a plant. you might stress the plant as its will be in 2 stage: Vege and Flowering.

Ok, it was just a thought. So are there any other ways to sex a plant without cloning?

Usually after two months they show prefowers. The males are nubs and females are easy to spot cause you would see a white pistil growing out of a pod next to the calix. Sorry fuckin stoned right now.

According to Ed Rosenthal (and he knows A LOT about MJ) you can sex a plant the way SlimDog said.
I personally have never done it, but according to Ed if you maintain a 12/12 schedule on a branch, it will show sex in the usual time (less than 2 weeks), while the remainder of the plant remains in full veg.
The problem of course is how to accomplish this. Off the top of my head it might be able to rig up a cardboard box to block light for 12 hours per 24, opening the top for lights on, closing the top for the next 12 hrs & so forth.

thats a head ache but it might be worth it if you knew its a female then you can cut off some clones and vege it for your next grow and have a guarenteed female and dont have to worry about shit

So I guess its worth a try. I was just gonna put a piece of black plastic around it loosely to block the light. I'll work on it later and we'll see how well it works. If its a good option I'll report back for everyone to see. So how many way of sexing are there anyway?

Back
Top Bottom